[Alice in Deadland] 10 Free copies from me to you! Hurry!

GlockSpock

• Moderators

Ok, I've met my quota. 

If anyone else is interested in reading the book, it's only 99 cents on Amazon if you have some sort of Kindle device. If you don't feel like buying it, perhaps one of the original 10 that I bought it for will buy it for you after they read it:)

So if you are interested in possibly a free copy down the road, perhaps make a claim here saying you'd like one. Perhaps someday someone will take you up on that offer!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks once they've read it.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my copy. I have to say that now I will have to break one of my soft rules and actually pay for an e-book. LOL! There are so many free ebooks that I rarely buy one. Now I guess I will because the book and author pretty much has piqued my interest. So I will be buying the next one. Thanks a low. LOL!

I did enjoy the book. It was an enjoyable read. The author took time to work on his world building and his character building. But importantly did not go into so much detail that it bores the reader. Letting instead the readers imagination fill in. That is great story telling.

There were some parts that I had trouble swallowing, such as how much Alice was able to get done against the odds. But then I got to thinking she would not be a product of our here and now but of a then. That helped me get on with the story and enjoy it more.

I do like how the author mixes "past" items of our here and now into the fiture his story percieves. That mixing of fact along with fiction gives one pause and makes you think Mmmm....

I am willing to discus this deeper but do not want to drop any spoilers. :)

• Moderators

So I will be buying the next one. Thanks a low. LOL!

I've read the sequel and it is good. I've not read the prequel yet though but will sometime soon. The author is an example of what I consider a good working author. He isn't someone like some/most writers that dedicate their entire time to writing. He works a job, and writes small stories such as this one. And due to the internet, anyone can do this now! You can essentially be a self published author, but your imaginative ideas in an book form, and make some extra cash. The more books he writes (if they are all roughly the same quality), the more known his works will be. I don't know if a person would "get rich" from doing so, but I would say it would be a pretty good extra chunk of change. 

Sometime I may try it just to see how it goes.

Other than of course being about zombies and guns, I appreciated how supportive of freedom the author seems to be.