East Tn TGO Members JULY 26, 2008 Meet

DATE CHANGE!!!

We are back in Kingsport for this one at the range of Mark@Sea. But we need to change the date to Saturday July 26 - one week later than usual. Mark has an obligation for the previous Saturday.

Here are directions for how to get there: http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=73999&postcount=57.

I'm working on better directions for the Kingsport and Oak Ridge shoots. Coming soon to your favorite gun board!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Mars. I appreciate folks sliding the date for me.

I'm going to put that tent Sue bought from you to good use - we'll use it for shade. This time around I'm supplying coolers full of icewater, an ice chest full of ice, and if anyone wants to do any cooking I'll set up a 3 burner Coleman stove.

Again, if anyone wants to come the previous day/afternoon/evening and set up to camp, we're amenable. Campers, I can loan you a stove and lantern(s).

I'll be shooting (mostly) my Garand this time. I will also have a small assortment of surplus rifles in various flavors for those who'd like to try them.

Things to bring - some wood lathes to make another couple of target frames (2 of four are pretty much shot to pieces), cardboard for same, targets. Folding chairs, tables, that sort of thing. New shooters very welcome, if you know someone bring 'em!

I am trying to get Karin to commit to this trip. If possible I will drag her up Friday night. You all might to need to make space for her on the couch. LOL, I can throw a tent up off the side of the driveway.

might be another epic shoot.

Guest c.a.s.

Does the Garand require mil ammo, or would commercial ammo work? I have 2-3 boxes (some full, some not) of .30-06SPRG

I'll see what I can find to bring.

Mike, I am sure we can put her up for the evening. Hope she likes cats, though. Well, will we have any intrepid souls decide to camp out and keep you comp'ny?

Cody, I'd prefer to use my milsurp, to avoid any 'bent op-rod' problems. I don't have what I'd call a lot of it, but it'll see us through the shoot. I believe someone was offering a bandolier or two of milsurp 30-06 in the for sale forum.

What I don't have a lot of is 6.5x55 and .303...

Guest SUNTZU

My girlfriend wants to come with me to this one. We were thinking about camping. What does the camp area look like, Mark? She is wondering if it is shaded, since its in July. Thanks!

I can tell you that the camping area has a plethora of shade. it's on a flat part of the property and there's a picnic table close by. there's also a low hanging tree limb to put a lantern on (if you want a bright one, I'll let ya use my old military lantern. it's a single mantle but it burns quite bright..Mark rebuilt it for me..and sounds like an F-4 phantom or ask mark if you can use a petromax...expect a 1 hour class on how to light the dang thing..LOL) as well as a fire pit.

if you want to REALLY camp, there's always a couple of spots on the ridge and on one of the other hills that will afford you privacy.

Sorry Mike, I didn't recall.

SLINGS - I have a source for the leather GI slings, and believe I can order them for about 22 bucks each. Will fit any 1 1/4" sling swivels, MRT marked. Plain, US, or USMC cartouche. Heavy brass hooks/rivets. Cutoff date for ordering is 10 July. If anyone wants one or more, please post. Need quantity, and how marked. We'll square up at the shoot, unless you want more than 3 of them, in which case I'd probably need something up front.

Guest c.a.s.

We might have room for 1-2 people, if the trunk is empty enough to put all the guns. It's all up to Mom if you can or not.

We might have room for 1-2 people, if the trunk is empty enough to put all the guns. It's all up to Mom if you can or not.

I would have one handgun, unless I get another, plus possibly one rifle.

And a small gear bag. I could drive if necessary as long as I have a navigator.

Hope I'm there. Right now things are not looking too good as far as being relieved on time.

If I'm stuck here on the ship, I'd like Mike to 'officiate', (if you don't mind). I have several surplus rifles, I don't mind them being used as long as they are cleaned after.

Guest Gun Geek

Maybe I can make this one. I might bring a friend or two if I can make it. Dont know if I will bring my girlfriend and the baby to this one but maybe. I will have to ask her if she wants to go.

I have a few questions though.

What is the longest range?

Any Caliber restrictions?

And can you give the actual address so I can plug it in to the GPS?

Oh yeah and if I can go I should be able to bring ten tons of cardboard. I happen to work in a shipping area. Lots of cardboard.

Edited by Gun Geek
Maybe I can make this one. I might bring a friend or two if I can make it. Dont know if I will bring my girlfriend and the baby to this one but maybe. I will have to ask her if she wants to go.

I have a few questions though.

What is the longest range?

Any Caliber restrictions?

And can you give the actual address so I can plug it in to the GPS?

Oh yeah and if I can go I should be able to bring ten tons of cardboard. I happen to work in a shipping area. Lots of cardboard.

the longest range is probably about 80 yards. we have one target frame set up there for long guns.

no caliber restrictions since we're shooting in a draw and I doubt very seriously you can shoot through the hillside.

the actual address is 150 dickerson road, church hill Tn.

:lol:

Guest Gun Geek
the longest range is probably about 80 yards. we have one target frame set up there for long guns.

no caliber restrictions since we're shooting in a draw and I doubt very seriously you can shoot through the hillside.

the actual address is 150 dickerson road, church hill Tn.

:lol:

Ok never been there so I had to ask, some ranges etc. have issues with big-bore rifles. Hopefully I can make it.