• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one. Have shot about a box and a half of ammo through it in the past couple of years. I bought mine few years back and got one of the few left at THAT time from IO Imports for around $200. Seemes they dried up for a while, then all of sudden everybody had them again, SOG and J&G even had them for $169 when they came back. It was my understanding that these were not imported in the numbers of the CZ82 and when they finally dry up for good I would expect them to go up in value pretty good. I think they are much better looking than the 82 and quite a bit smaller making them better siuted for CC. Only draw back is round limitation.

Guest bkelm18

Had one. Nifty little gun. Great for CCW. Just make sure to clean it really well otherwise you may have reliabilty issues.

Edited by bkelm18

So pcrc, do you think theey will not be getting any more and I should buy one at the inflated price?  I've read about getting wolff springs from the DA trigger pull.  I seen buds had then for $165, but of course are sold out, and I dont know how far back that was either.  I bought an cz82 when they were 180, and now are up to 200 or higher depending on where you look.

I am no expert on such things, but every time they say there are no more of a certain type of gun all of sudden more pop up from somewhere. Look at the M44. They were susposedly all gone last year. Price went from $100 to $200 within a month. Now all of sudden they are popping up again at $150-$175 from the whoelsalers. All I can say is sooner or later the supply will have out of all the surplus guns, even 91/30's will run out someday. As to buying one at an inflated price, just remember you did not pay too much, you bought it too soon. BTW- if you do get one the Wolf springs are a must. They are impossible to use in DA with the factory springs.

I havent really seen a makarov for that price, or even seen a mak for sale for a while.  I had a Tok and it was horrible, so sold it.  Like I said I have an 82 (I know not a "real" Mak, but I'd like to have a mak.  If you find some in the 200ish range please let me know.

I havent really seen a makarov for that price, or even seen a mak for sale for a while.  I had a Tok and it was horrible, so sold it.  Like I said I have an 82 (I know not a "real" Mak, but I'd like to have a mak.  If you find some in the 200ish range please let me know.

You should be able to find a mak for 250 if you look for them.   Bulgarians run about that, east germans... 300-400 at times, but the other countries, 250 should net you a clean piece.

Tok is a poor attempt at russianifying the 1911.   Makarov was made by a genius, every bit as inspired as browning. 

Only way you will get one for 200 flat is with a C&R from an importer, or if you find one that looks like it came off the titanic.

You can keep a weather eye on the makarov forum section of gunboards --- they have a trade section just for the 9x18 caliber -- but odds of scoring a gun off that are like 1 in a mil due to posted and sold inside 10 seconds issues.  From there you could pester slimtim or whatever his name is, he probably has some in stock. 

Edited by Jonnin

Thanks Jonnin, I do have my C&R if that was you was meaning.  But like I said. J&G, SOG, and the like do not have any (that I can find) for the 250ish price range.  I am also looking for something pocketable, i daily carry my P32, and would like to move it into a more of a backup peice.  I had an xd subcompact, but it was too wide/blockish for me.  Im going to have to stick with the single stacks.  I really like the shield, but havent found someone in town that has one. 

But anyway, yes I'd like to have  mak, but would like to have a p64 as well, for the collectability.

I carried my mak in my pocket for years.  Its a tight fit in some clothes, and an excellent fit in others, just depends on what you wear but its at the edge of pocket carry.    Ill let you know if I find some.  No more to import, so its basically a hunt for someone that is selling theirs.

Edited by Jonnin

I picked up a P-64 a few months ago for $150 from a private seller. Was in great condition with one mag. I think he might have thought it was messed up and was trying to unload it. When I took it apart to clean and inspect I noticed the slide spring was broke. It was a $5 fix and now I have a great little shooter. Unfortunately I believe the $230 range is about the best your going to do on the online surplus houses. You can find them cheaper on GB but with all the expenses involved it puts them above that mark. I see your in Sevierville. I just left Bills Outpost in Alcoa and they had a 1976 P-64 with two mags and some holster wear for $199. Good luck in finding you one.

....Only draw back is round limitation.

The original trigger springs and severe recoil due to the blowback design are also limitations according to some. I like mine...very accurate in single action mode, and also very reliable, but the recoil is a bit brutal. I doubt that the prices are going to come down, but that is just my opinion. Good luck in your search.