Everything is now an "assault" weapon and selling

I was looking to pick up a few items before all the craziness happened. Guess I drug my feet too long. I'd still buy and pay a premium but I'm not paying the crazy prices I've been seeing. Stuff wasn't nowhere near this high for pre-ban stuff during the last ban.

I've got a small machine shop and if I can find the springs and followers, I can make my own mags much cheaper than I can buy them for at current prices. I've even thought at looking at some 80% lowers but without having a class 2 FFL, I can't make them for resale.

I just wish I could find some freakin ammo. I don't have near as many pmags as some here but frankly 8 is more than likely enough to last a lifetime of occasional recreational shooting. If I have to I'll supplement a few 10rnd mags if that's all that's available and save the regular capacity ones for special occasions. Same with all the semis I've got now. One things for sure though, all the mags in the country are useless without any ammo to put in them.
I was looking to pick up a few items before all the craziness happened. Guess I drug my feet too long. I'd still buy and pay a premium but I'm not paying the crazy prices I've been seeing. Stuff wasn't nowhere near this high for pre-ban stuff during the last ban.

I've got a small machine shop and if I can find the springs and followers, I can make my own mags much cheaper than I can buy them for at current prices. I've even thought at looking at some 80% lowers but without having a class 2 FFL, I can't make them for resale.

Seems like now would be the time to tool up and start making magazines. Heck I would be interested in a few depending on what they are made of.

Dolomite

It's not all that hard for any machine/fab shop to make mags. To get set up to make them on a large scale would take some time and investment though. I'd be afraid, with times like they are, to make that investment getting in this late in the game. If I made some for myself I'd probably just throw a few together that would fuction but without the proper tooling, they probably wouldn't look as good cosmeticly as factory made ones. I haven't checked but I'd also suspect springs and followers are starting to get hard to come by with mag makers working at 100% output.

A couple of years ago I looked into getting my class 2 FFL (manufacturing license). I didn't do it but now wish I had. I've got access to CNC machines that could turn forgings into complete lowers fairly easy. I'd be cranking them out if I had my license.