FNH and the FNS or FNX pistols

nannuk469

In the market for a new toy. Not a Glock fan at all have looked at M&P, XD's, and just about everything else too. Not looking for a 1911 this time. Been to several stores and I'm growing fond of the FNH's. I like the features and the feel. Anyone had any good/bad experiences?

I've been a wheel gun guy since the 70's but nowdays my FNP 45 sleeps close by when I go to bed. I've shot many rounds through it without a single malfunction. The double action trigger is a bit heavy but not really bad. In single action it's very light and has a short reset. I also have the FNX 9 which I won in a drawing at the Outpost. Really a fun gun to shoot. If you have large hands you'll like the 45. Smaller hands work better with the 9. Both guns are very reliable and good options for the range or home defense.

FNH Fan ... More-so rifles than handguns.  Have shot a few FN FiveSeven's -- Would own one if ammo was a bit cheaper and easier to acquire. 

I'm gonna put a shameless plug in for Walther here ... Check out the PPQ line if you haven't already :)  One of the best factory triggers on the market and an affordable firearm :)

Good luck! :)

I've had a FNP45 for a few years now.  It’s a hog, and sometimes I try carrying something smaller, but I always go back to the FN.  15+1 rounds of .45acp ready to go is very reassuring, lol.  Mine is the USG model and can be carried round in chamber. either decocked (first shot - double action) or cocked and locked and on safe(single action), like a 1911.  I have shot a variety of ammo through it and it is very hungry and eats anything so far.  Yeah is heavy, but honestly, it’s close to the same weight with 16 rounds in it as my full size 1911 is with 8 rounds.  Guess the polymer makes a difference, lol. Mine has a rail...Its kinda thick for concealed carry, but I seem to get away with it OWB at 330ish position.  Mine has a rail I don’t use.  Only thing I want to do is put some better sights on it.  It came with plain white dot sights, and I either want some kind of fiber optic or night sights to help my tired old eyes!  Mine bought before the FNX or FNS series...when I got it there were 2 of their 45s available.  One was I think the FN-45, which came with 3 14 round mags and only has a decocker, no safety, and the FN-45USG which came with one 15 round and 2 14 round mags and also a safety/decocker.  I liked the safety/decocker better because of its versatility in carry options.

I have a 9 and 45 -- FN two thumbs up -- you might want to look into a jericho or baby eagle -- good price and fabulous shooters. they are built like a brick poop house as well.....

you cant go wrong with the FN's though --- good choice

Edited by Krull

Excellent pistols and much like the CZ in the sense that they are often overlooked due to not having brand recognition like Glock/Sig/S&W. The FNX's were a big improvement over the P series imo, and the FNS's are striker fired like a Glock, and I can't think of a single issue we've ever had out of them.

• Like 1