Free labor for knowledge

I realize that I am new here and hope this isn't out of line, but I am looking for a reloader in middle TN that I can shadow to learn the craft. I offer my hands for your knowledge and patience. Anyone in the area want to take on an apprentice? I live in Franklin.

TC

What are you wanting to load? It won't take but one sitting to learn what to do, but I highly suggest/recommend/require you read the info section of a reloading manual first. I like the Lee book, but of course, I use Lee equipment. (Til I get the cash to buy Dillon!)

I'm in Smyrna and would be happy to show a newbie the ropes. In fact, there was a nice dude in Franklin that I visited before I started, and he taught me a LOT!
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply, musicman.

I'm looking to reload 9mm mainly, but I also shoot .45 and .223/5.56. I have a little exposure to reloading; my wife's uncle showed me around his bench explaining the differences between single stage and progressive presses among other things. We talked for some time. Unfortunately, he lives in Arkansas, and we do not get over there often.

I am more than willing to read anything you recommend, but I would rather not purchase any equipment until I have a better understanding of the process. I'll track down the Lee book and be in touch over TGO messaging.

Thanks,

TC

Excellent. I meant to say "don't buy any equipment until you have a better idea of what you want." in my last post, but wifey was bugging me about something so I cut it short. I don't have any 9mm stuff, but I do have the dies, primers, and powders suitable for 45. If you can find them, just get 100 or so 230gr FMJ bullets to bring with you. I've got a few hundred 45 brass cases, and I'll let you start with some of those. If just bring bullets, you'll leave my house with 50 rounds you've loaded yourself. :-)
Guest atommictaco

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Lee equipment. I have a Loadmaster, Classic Cast Turret, and a Classic Cast single stage mounted to my bench right now. The classic cast turret and single stage both are hard to beat. It's also nice to see people so willing to jump in and help someone get started, I wish I had people like you when I started!

Guest Fruit jar

I have my uncle's Lee loader. It's a cast iron O frame with Lee Custom Engineering stamped on the base. They went out of business in 88 so no telling it's age. Still looks brand new.

Musicman is good people!! I would take up his offer anytime.

Musicman if you will help him load cast I will donate a few .45 that I cast from a Lyman 452374 mould.

They are suposed to be 225gr but mine drops 215gr.

Just shoot me a PM if they sound good to you.

Edited by xd shooter

Sniper I don't mind But as stated above find you a realoading manual first. There are some good reads in them that will help you understand the process, safty, measurements, & many other things. It don't really matter wich one you pick up, they all have very useful information. 

After that don't be ready to save any $$$$ for a while. It is the #1 thing I spend $$ on.

Of corse besides every day living & taxes!!