Cuomo calls midnight session, rams through NY ban

The elitists of NY will have nothing to do with that   Hippocrites!!!

But the law is the law.

Cop pulls you over, do you know why I pulled you over.

Yes, I was speeding,  BTW, how many bullets do you have in your gun?

Seems you got me on a misdemeanor and I have you on felony.  :D

Edited by vontar
  • Like 1

But the law is the law.

Cop pulls you over, do you know why I pulled you over.

Yes, I was speeding,  BTW, how many bullets do you have in your gun?

Seems you got me on a misdemeanor and I have you on felony.  :D

It would be nice for the little man to have it that way but it never is.......

Question.

If with the NY ban restrictions, does that affect the police or are they above the law?  (are they reduced to 7 rounds.)

The law was so poorly written that it actually is illegal for an on-duty cop to possess more than 7 rounds at the moment. they have to modify the law

Limits firearms owners to 2 magazines. (Not per weapon - total)

Limits magazines to 7 rounds (you can have a 10 round, but can only load 7)

No mail order of ammunition

Background check required for ammunition purchase

Mental Health checks for current and future "Assault Weapon" owners (Ruger 10/22 could qualify)

Registration of "Assault Weapons"

No grandfathering for previously legal magazines.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/41317-may-end-cuomo-ban-details.html

These idiots didn't even read it before they voted.

It was so poorly written, and ramed through so fast,

The police are not exempted from it They are smoking mad.

It has to be amended and rewritten.

What a bunch of idiots.

Comuo for President?

What a joke!  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :2cents:

That is what I was saying, they limited the police.

Now if they go back and amend it to make exceptions that is even worse.

I looks like something a 5th grader would write.  Not someone well versed in law.

Everyone that voted for it just proved they only care about paying any thing anti gun.  They would probably have passed it even if had a provision to give money away to fisheries in Alaska.

Oh snap, wrist mounted sling shots are criminal possession in the fourth degree starting March lol! Or better yet, if you possess a sandbag (yes I know it's different, but it doesn't specify) hahaha! The same violation as if you're a felon and caught possessing a firearm.

This gets better the more I read it

S 265.01 Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
  A  person  is  guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth
  degree when:
    (1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart  gun,  electronic
  stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal
  knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles,
  metal  knuckles,  chuka  stick,  sand  bag,  sandclub,  wrist-brace type
  slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star";

<edit looks like they even banned stun guns.... Man I feel sorry for the law abiding people in that state!>

Edited by Sam1
Guest Lester Weevils

It isn't a very thorough list. Leaves out knitting needles, butcher knives, sharp-tipped soldering irons, tire irons, tire chains, ice picks, wood chisels, painters spatulas, yadda yadda. My chisels and painters spatulas are dang sharp. You don't even have to sharpen a spatula, just wipe it on sheetrock awhile and it gets thataway all by itself.

It needs to be revised to "any pointy, sharp-edged, or blunt hard object".

Oh snap, wrist mounted sling shots are criminal possession in the fourth degree starting March lol! Or better yet, if you possess a sandbag (yes I know it's different, but it doesn't specify) hahaha! The same violation as if you're a felon and caught possessing a firearm.

This gets better the more I read it

<edit looks like they even banned stun guns.... Man I feel sorry for the law abiding people in that state!>

They voted them in.  They lost their freedom and will have to struggle to get it back. 

One should never be in a hurry to give up any freedom.

It isn't a very thorough list. Leaves out knitting needles, butcher knives, sharp-tipped soldering irons, tire irons, tire chains, ice picks, wood chisels, painters spatulas, yadda yadda. My chisels and painters spatulas are dang sharp. You don't even have to sharpen a spatula, just wipe it on sheetrock awhile and it gets thataway all by itself.

It needs to be revised to "any pointy, sharp-edged, or blunt hard object".

Robber Beats Dallas Clerk With Several Hammers

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Robber-Beats-Dallas-Clerk-With-Several-Hammers-187392901.html

just had a small chat with a LEO in northern new york state... he said they rushed the bill thru so fast they made every LEO in the state an instant felon with there duty weapon...THEY FORGOT TO EXEMPT LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS! hahahahahan WHAT a freakin cluster F*@# new york has in office... so now they are trying to amend the bill to include them... i have no idea when then law was to take effect or who is enforcing it... but right now if it is in place... every officer on the street as i speak that has more than 2 magazines holding more than 7 rounds of ammo is committing a felony... so who is going to charge them?

Hey They shouldn't be exempt to the law.  They are not above the law either.

I think they should have 100 round magazines personally, but as the governor up there said, it doesn't take 10 shots to kill a deer, if so, you shouldn't be hunting.  With that being the case it shouldn't take 10 shots for a cop to stop a threat either then, and if so, they shouldn't be a cop. 

We all agree that it may take 1 round or 15 rounds to stop a threat, and I don't think they should stop to reload just like the panicked mother with her babies hiding in the attic shouldn't have to. 

• Like 1
The assault weapon ban part went into effect on Tuesday. They now have 1 year to register the weapons they already own. I can not seem to find the exact bill signed but it looks like most of the bans went into effect Jan 15. I found it funny you could own a 10 round mag but cout only load 7 rounds in it.

well why would LEO's even need an assault type weapon or magazines over 7 rounds if no one else has them... hummmm trying to make there standing army have the upper hand over the peoples army? TYRANNY !

Guest Lester Weevils

The assault weapon ban part went into effect on Tuesday. They now have 1 year to register the weapons they already own. I can not seem to find the exact bill signed but it looks like most of the bans went into effect Jan 15. I found it funny you could own a 10 round mag but cout only load 7 rounds in it.

Like passing a law that you can only put fourteen gallons of gas in a 20 gallon tank! :)

Like passing a law that you can only put fourteen gallons of gas in a 20 gallon tank! :)

I would probably have empty hulls all around my home.

That way if I heaven forbid had to use my firearm in self defense they would not be able to count shells and I could probably honestly answer I don't know how many times I shot.

Instead of them finding the mag with 3 bullets and finding 7 hulls and doing the math.