Cuomo calls midnight session, rams through NY ban

Limits firearms owners to 2 magazines. (Not per weapon - total)

Limits magazines to 7 rounds (you can have a 10 round, but can only load 7)

No mail order of ammunition

Background check required for ammunition purchase

Mental Health checks for current and future "Assault Weapon" owners (Ruger 10/22 could qualify)

Registration of "Assault Weapons"

No grandfathering for previously legal magazines.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics/41317-may-end-cuomo-ban-details.html

Edited by Mark@Sea
"Insiders say Cuomo, who is believed to harbor aspirations to run for the White House in 2016, wants to seize the political high ground following Newtown by having New York pass measures aimed at reducing gun violence before such a step can be taken by Congress or any other state."

If you plan to run for President then supporting something like this is the quickest way to end your chance.
  • Like 2

If you plan to run for President then supporting something like this is the quickest way to end your chance.

Couldn't agree more!  It passed in the NY senate 45-18 or something along those lines.

Political Suicide in my opinion.  He cares nothing about stopping gun violence, and cares only about lining his pockets for political donations to make a run for 2016. 

• Like 1
Back when I was a Deputy Sheriff I had a Sgt on my shift that had a bumper sticker on the cage in his patrol car. It was right there for everyone he took to jail to read. It said, "If You're Gonna Be Stupid, You Had Better Be Tough".

Cuomo needs that bumper sticker pasted on his desk for him to read every time he sits down......

I would be tempted to say he cannot win the white house, so let us support him until the democrat primary is over, but then again, I said no one was fool enough to vote for obama either.  Sigh.

I say he did not RAM this through.  The people of NYC want this. 

I would be tempted to say he cannot win the white house, so let us support him until the democrat primary is over, but then again, I said no one was fool enough to vote for obama either.  Sigh.

I say he did not RAM this through.  The people of NYC want this. 

NYC... maybe but not NY state.

That sounds like a good idea, but I'm too afraid he would end up winning. There are some crazy voters out there these days.

I hope every gun manufacturer moves from states like NY and IL. Moreover, I believe it is time that the manufacturers ban together and start refusing sale and service to states that pass and support such nonsense. Ronnie Barrett did that in CA and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that man.

Edited by timcalhoun
  • Like 3

I've been lurking on the NY gun forums for a while, keeping an eye on how this has been shaking out-

A lot of those guys are so freakin' mad right now, they don't know what to do with themselves.

Severeal threads I've seen where people basically said, "That's it- I'm moving".

Guest Gwith40

I agree with timcalhoun. I am not sure how much communication goes on in the gun industry but I am fairly certain it is like other industries. Probably a lot of informal communication between people who work for the various companies. This would be a great time for them to stand up and show they can think about the larger picture. Profits are great right now but that is obviously under threat. I have seen some really good suggestions, that would make a good point.

For example: Major gun manufacturers should agree if the bill passes in NY, that no firearms(Glock, S&W, Sig) would be sold to any NY police agency. Ammo manufacturers could follow, no sales to any NY agency. Also, no parts or service for any NY police agency.

Any gun manufacturer should seriously consider leaving the area as well.

I know this would be tough to pull off but it would send a serious message to these clowns. They would have to beg the federal government for replacement parts and firearms.

Guest Gwith40

After reading some of the posts under another heading, I noticed all these ideas have pretty much been mentioned already. Good ideas, sorry for the duplication. Is there any way we can find out who is supplying the major NY agencies, particularly with ammo and supplies? We could put some heat on them.

Guest Gwith40

Certainly it would take most of the major manufacturers...but wouldn't it be amusing if NYC cops had to carry Kel-tecs? That amuses me just thinking about it. Most of the street criminals would have glocks.

Basically folks need to move out of NY second Gun manufacturers needs to no longer do business with any servent of NY and ammo manufacturers needs to stand together and not offer ammo to anyone serving for the state of NY Let the police swat and such figure out how to get there ammo once it dries up and buy new firearms when there's are no longer servicable. A long shot but something has to be done and now.... I really do feel for the law abiding citizens of NY

People don't need to move from New York. They need to stand and fight for their rights. We need to be behind them. This crap is spreading, and needs to be nipped in the bud. If you're in New york, and move to say Maryland, what are you gonna do when Maryland passes something similar? Running ain't the answer.

Guest Gwith40

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/ocp/ocp_active-rc_title.pdf

New York contract list.

It is a long read and I haven't had time to digest it all yet.

A few highlights:

Speer 9mm 124 gr. purchased from ammo acces. inc. $9,218,000

Speer gold dot        ammo access.                                 $723,000

Simunition FX         Amchar wholesale                           $190,000

Federal                   Thomas j. Morris jr. DBA                  $1,494,000

Winchester             Olin corp                                          $902,000

Looks like Speer is the ammo king here. It would be great if they would stand up and not sell to NYC but that is one hell of a contract.