AR lower

Guest binarydud

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian@GunDepot

The Stag Arms lowers are nice.... I would check them out if any of your local shops have them in stock.

Guest tokarev

My first (and only so far) AR build is on a DoubleStar lower and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Got a couple (Well, one now. Gave one to my Army child yesterday) of Stag arms that I picked up for 90 bucks once for some future projects. I never heard anything bad about them.

Guest Verbal Kint

Pick your flavor of stripped lower (i.e. whichever you think looks the coolest) and go with it. Lowers are all the same, until you get into high-end and high-cost billet vs forged, and you're just paying for the name.

Find a stripped lower that you like, snag a good mil-spec LPK (lower parts kit) such as RRA will run you $60-90, decide if you want to use the standard trigger pack in the LPK or if you need/want a 2-stage trigger that will run you approximately $120, and then slap it together. You can find clear, easy to follow, instructions on the internet... and you can assemble it with common hand tools in about 30 mins, even if you've never done it before.

Your time, money, and investment should/will lie with your upper receiver, barrel, handguards, optics, etc. This is where the difference in a $700 rifle and a $3,000+ rifle comes in. It's up to you and how you will choose to use the gun.

I'm in the middle of an SBR build that falls into the latter category, as I'm "hand picking" every single piece of the rifle and not skimping on any components. Picking everything from the top shelf, and likewise emptying my wallet pretty quickly.

But my main point is... everyone is throwing out names of lowers that they've had good results from, or seen at attractive prices. Just find one that suits your needs and looks cool to you. It will be identical to 99% of the lowers out there. :rolleyes:

I'm building a AR atm (which will be complete soon, pic will follow), and went with a S&W M&P Lower we had laying around. Like Verbal said, 99% of them all basically the same - the S&W was a complete lower, and had a mil-spec tube on it that fit my Magpul CTR stock. I just switched out some internals with others that I wanted like a JP trigger. It's all just going to boil down to who's name you like on the side (if you even care)...

Guest Wilson1

My stripped lower of choice was a Sabre Defence from a vendor at a Memphis gunshow. Got it from one of the guys on here - I think it was Shaun at ETS? There were two booths side by side - both guys from around Nashville. ETS was one, can't remember the other off hand. No problems whatsoever with the lower. Hope they are there next show - I'll get two more.

Mike