Taurus 45colt, not a judge

Superman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a five shot subnose a few years back. I think it was a model 450, never had any issues with it at all.

Was that the SS Taurus 450? I had one of those for a while. It had a 2" ported barrel and was a really good looking little pistol. I bought it on impulse because I liked its looks and feel.

Then I shot it.

Actually I shot it 5 times. After the 2nd round, I stooped, shook my head, and decided to finish off the cyclinder. 

Then I sold it. Thing was brutal. Even with the porting, the muzzle had a little flip, and the resulting blowback would be very noticably felt.

It did however, produce a beautiful little fireball when shot.

I'm not putting the gun or the round down in any way, just for me; that particular combination was a little too much...Actually, a lot too much.

P.S. A little story on that gun. I sold it to a buddy who wanted it as a back-up when he was a midstate sherriff's deputy. The next week he asked to sell it back to me. I kept it about a week and sold it again to another friend in the bodyshop business. He wanted a gun to keep in his shop desk. I got it back again after a month. Sold it a 3rd time to b/s tech and there it stayed...until it was stolen from his truck one night.

Edited by hipower

Maybe I am way off track, but I prefer the .44 Special to the .45LC. I have owned revolvers

in both calibers and the .44 was always more comfortable to fire and way more accurate. I had a S&W Model 624 ( 6" bbl) that could shoot rings around any match pistol of any caliber. The .44 Special is one sweet cartridge.

I agree with you, wjh2657.  I have a Taurus Tracker in 44 Mag and much prefer it with the 44spl loads.  Sold my 629 a few years ago and it absolutly was a creampuff with the lighter ss spl as well.

The only drawback to either is the cost of shooting. And these days the 44 special is about even, and in some cases I've seen, higher than the magnum loads.

Edited by hipower

I agree with you, wjh2657.  I have a Taurus Tracker in 44 Mag and much prefer it with the 44spl loads.  Sold my 629 a few years ago and it absolutly was a creampuff with the lighter ss spl as well.

The only drawback to either is the cost of shooting. And these days the 44 special is about even, and in some cases I've seen, higher than the magnum loads.

Then it would seem like a good time to start reloading. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Superman, ( and anyone else who may be looking for these ) I know a guy with 2 of them.  I think the barels are around 2inches and the best part is a couple weeks ago he told me he wanted to sell them.  If you are interested, let me know and I will check with him on the specs and price.