Underbarreled Shotgun

Guest crytes

I was wondering what nfa classification a shotgun mounted to and ar the same way a m203 does. Before atachment it could pass as a aow I guess but once attached it has a stock and would be a short barreled shotgun right? Does any1 sell such a product?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crytes

So do they just remove the stock off a standard shotgun and strap it on or is there more to it? Is recoil handled well in this system or does it risk warping or otherwise damageing the host rifle? Would a semi-auto shotgun be more apropriate because there is no reach for the pump and the action seams to absorb some of the recoil energy?

If you can find a semi-auto shotgun which doesn't have it's action extended into the stock, sure...

A pump will be easier to manage for the intended purpose of the gun... most likely one or two shots to breach a door, or maybe less-lethal rounds (which probably wouldn't cycle a semi-auto).

Guest crytes

that was the picture that had me thinking about weather or not recoil would wreck the gun. My interest in a semi-auto is to try and lessen potentialy dammaging effect of the recoil on the receiver if I was useing less leathal ammo that couldn't cycle the action than recoil as well is negligable. I know that is the milatary aplication for the masterkey, but if I built one my pourpose would be a shtf/range toy that would combine close in terminal effect of the shotgun whith the longrange accuracy or the ar platform.

If we're talking about practical application... The beauty of the AR platform is it's light weight, portability, and ergonomics. Clamping a 5lb weight onto the front end pretty much destroys those 3 things.

A better option would be to pay a $5 tax stamp instead of a $200, and get a Serbu Shorty or some other AOW that you can carry in a pack, or slung seperately.

Guest crytes

I've handled a m16 with a m203 but I consider the m16 cumbersom as most of the time I had a m4. I actually liked carring a m249 but I wouldnt' ever want to add anything to it. My guess is that a masterkey is a least twice as heavy as the m203 but thats only a guess the m203 didn't seem very heavy to me.

Is it legal to own a M203? I have seen them at gun show and shops. Would it require a tax stamp? I know the ammo is an issue but I thought I had seen a shot shell for one. Just think of the fun you could have with a 30mm shotgun shell.

Verne

A 37mm copy is easy to get... it's the actual 40mm tubes which must be registered as a destructive device, along with each destructive shell (HE, etc...) At $200 a pop just to get in the door, they'd be hard to stockpile, even if you could get anybody to sell them to you. So, if you're just going to shoot smoke and stuff, a 37mm version would be sweet.