American Cancer Society Celebrity Shoot -- TGO Teams???

• Administrator

Referring to this thread... http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=629

Are any of you folks interested in forming TNGunOwners teams to participate in the competitions on August 25th? There will be handgun, rifle and shotgun competitions from what I understand.

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks looking to win but I'd encourage all of you to consider it even if nothing more than as a way to have fun, meet fellow TGO members and support a very worthy cause. :confused:

I know I'm going to make every effort to be there and most likely several other TGO Staffers will as well.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I was looking at this, there isn't a registration deadline. Do you happen to know what it is?

No, but more details are forthcoming. I'll post it here as soon as I have it.

Hornet Handler, Len, Len's girlfriend and I were invited to attend the kick-off event for this last night. We did attend and I was encouraged by the enthusiasm that I saw from the top all the way down. I'd love to see as many of us as possible get involved by forming teams or participating individually. Again, great chance to shoot with fellow TGO members (and celebrities if you're into that sort of thing) as well as support a good cause.

I'll be there in one form or another (RSO or competitor). I lack a decent .22 rifle, but there is plenty of time to change that before 8/25.

Maybe we can get a sponsor for a TGO team to save us the $? (Give them a free banner ad as compensation or something.)

-Len

I agree with molonlabetn...if I cant make it as a participant, I will be happy to donate money towards sponsoring a team!

Might I suggest that tungsten sets up an account for that sort of thing so that we can use paypal (or some other NON ANTIgun service to send money?)

heheheh bring on the accountants!!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest bgillespie

Registration deadline for the American Cancer Society Charity Shoot is July 30.

The target competition at Stones River is a handgun comp.

Also, this just in -- the Barrett .416 and a .50-cal S&W revolver will be at Stones River, and you can pay to shoot them!

Cost to be determined. (Thought I had posted the correct pricing info a few days ago, but I was wrong. Sorry!)

There will also be Trap and Skeet at the TN Clay Targets Complex in Nashville -also part of the ACS events. Dinner will be there afterwards.

Entry fee is $125.00, $25.00 if you don't want to/cant afford to shoot, but can otherwise participate.

Guest bgillespie
What kind of format is the rifle and handgun portion and is it all rimfire?

The target competition is just handgun, not rifle. Rimfire and centerfire are both allowed.

The most information I have at this time on the format is that you have 10 targets 15-40 feet in range and you have 10 rounds per target. I don't have the specifics on scoring, etc., but I will post it as soon as I can get that information.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Folks this thing is really gaining some momentum. It would be great if at least one TGO team could sign up to shoot that day. :stir:

Prizes that I've seen listed so far include MP3 players, laptop computers, passes at local shooting ranges, etc. There's some really good stuff being donated for this!

I'd be down for the shotgun shoot, but don't have the rest of the team. Anyone out there interested? The $125.00 would also be an issue for me right now as cash flow is a bit down for the next couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...