How to legally obtain a background check / arrest record and drivers licence report

Is there a way to obtain a background check / arrest record and drivers licence report on someone in the state of Tennessee? I have their name, date of birth and social security number. 

And if there is, will it matter that part of the time she was using her married name, and is currently using her maiden name? Or will everything show up for both names?

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tommy62

Alot of info can be found by searching county court dispositions. In Hamilton County you can search both sessions and criminal court.

Alot of info can be found by searching county court dispositions. In Hamilton County you can search both sessions and criminal court.

I tried doing a search of the Hardin County records, but nothing came up when searching her name, or her son's name. I know both of them have been arrested there. Maybe their system isn't up to date, or I was searching the wrong place.

I've been able to find snippets of information before using a very intense internet search, usually from the sites that want to sell you a report.  Sometimes they will give you an incomplete report for free.  If you ever happen to be seeking info anyone who was arrested in Davidson County try the Davidson County Criminal Clerk Court website http://ccc.nashville.gov I've found all kinds of good stuff there.  I wish they would implement this system state wide.  One other method is to check sites like http://Mugshots.com, sometimes info can be found there for free.

Edited by 10-Ring

Thanks for the links.. Mugshots worked out well for me.. The man I suspect of robbing my house 2 years ago is once again in jail and mugshots had a new photo of him. If it was not for this website I would not have recognised him. From his pic he put on about 30 pounds.

Guest HvyMtl

Does the $29 background check give info about punishments that may have been handed down after being arrested?

Not sure, but if you know where the crime was committed, and tried, the court's records are usually open. May have to go to the Court House the trial was held in.  Most Courts charge a photocopy fee.  (Last I did, Metro/Davidson was $1 page, if I remember correctly.)

I went ahead and paid the $29 for the TBI background check. I guess I'll find out how detailed it is when I receive it.

Most of the arrests would have happened in or near Wayne and Hardin Counties, which are 2-3 hours from me. In the event I'll need to visit those counties for further information, hopefully this TBI report will give me a better idea of what I need to look for.

I'll give an update with what types of information are included in a $29 report, for those who care.