HSM 308 Ammunition?

I've seen this advertised in a 150g FMJ bullet. It says Made in America, appears to be brass cased but I can not find much more on ammo. Is anyone familiar with this company and is ammo any good? Is it reloads or factory new?

Any information would be appreciated before I try some.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be factory new, brass cased.  I have shot 223 HSM and I think also a box of pistol (probably 9mm?).   It went bang, it was cheap, I can't recall any problems nor anything special about it.   Sportsman's warehouse has it from time to time.

Guest warhwkbb

My only experience with HSM was in 30Carb.  These were reloads with a copper plated lead bullet. Mixed headstamps.  They barely worked the action and were quite dirty.  It was the only way to get 30C brass at the time. 

I shot about 10rds to see how they grouped at 100 yds.Grouping was about 1.5" for 3 shoots and out to 4" in five shots. One of the necks on case had split radially. All headstamps were the same "HP" which is supposely Austrian. Feeding and ejection was good. HSM ammunition is okay for the price paid.My reloads with 168g MK HBT

and IMR4895 was 0.675" and 1" for 3 shot groups and upto 1.5" for 5 shot groups.

I was checking the remaining HSM shot brass and found a radial split in some casing necks. I don't think I'll get much brass from this lot for reloading more ammo. Head stamps were HP, so watch your brass if using this manufacturer. This ammo's brass cases after onced fired may not have a good reloadable usage. I guess my FNAR chamber could be toward max., but military brass was okay after firing.

Edited by lshel