Prefered SD Ammo

Guest YANKEE2500

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NotDylan

Well if you're wanting to shoot .38 spl out of it, Speer makes a round just for short barreled wheel guns: link. Those run about 860 fps from a sub 2 inch barrel and are a very popular load.

If you want some more oomph without stepping up to .357, look at Double Tap's .38 spl load: link. 1100 fps out of a 1.875" barrel. They also use a hollow point designed for exspansion at lower velocities from short barrels. All of Double Tap's loads are supposedly some of the hottest stuff you can buy and I've yet to read a bad thing about them.

I have no experience with any of this ammo, I'm just going on stuff I've read from others :)

Don't have a 340, but I can vouch for the reliability and performance claims of Double-Tap... though I haven't used it on a living target, thankfully.

Their stout .38spl +p load would be a good choice... so would any of their .357mag loads, too, if you could hang onto it (those suckers hurt at both ends, even out of most steel guns)

Guest BG38357
Great minds think alike...im rollin with the 638 also :D

By the way, I put a CT Laser Grip on mine last week. Works great.

It's the larger one and I now get three of my big fingers around the grip.

Well if you look through the “What do you carry†threads, you will see that Hydra Shok is the most popular. You can use either of these, but in a Scandium and Titanium gun you might want to try the .357Mag before buying a bunch of it. :D

HydraShok38.jpg

HydraShok357.jpg