Could we have all been felons......eventually

I received this in a recent email..........don't know if it is true or not, but if so, this is scary stuff.

From a friend:

I sure wasn't aware of this and I thought why is the NRA fighting  something so simple.  Now I agree that it is ridiculous to believe that  congress will ever know what they are doing.

Good thing the background check bill didn't make it

Subject: Senate Gun Control Law

From an attorney:

The "most popular" part of the proposed Senate gun control  bill (background checks) sounds like a good idea at first but is more restrictive than anyone anticipated and has significant unintended consequences.

Just like the Obamacare bill, there is a huge push to get it through Congress before the public has a chance to read it and to consider itscontents.

Common activities that we take for granted will become federal crimes.These are not irresponsible exaggerations. Please take a moment to review somerequirements of the bill.

EXAMPLE #1

Loaning your buddy a shotgun for a duck hunting trip will be considered a transfer. If the following requirements are not met, YOU HAVE BOTH COMMITTED A FEDERAL CRIME.

1. He must have already purchased his hunting license

2. Season is already open (and will not close before he returns it)

3. He cannot travel with the firearm through a county where season is not yet open or any area where hunting is prohibited and certainly not across astate line.

He CANNOT stop by your house on the day before season opens, pick upthe shot gun, go to the sporting goods store to buy a license and shells then drive out to the hunting lease. In this scenario, YOU BOTH WOULD HAVE COMMITTED MULTIPLE FEDERAL CRIMES, YOUR WEAPONS WILL BE FORFEITED AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR RIGHT TO BUY OR OWN A FIREARM.

EXAMPLE #2

It appears that only you may relocate your weapons. If your weapon leaves your home without you, the new legislation considers it a transfer of possession. ALL transfers require going through a firearms dealer, paying the transfer fee and a background check for the transferee.

Putting the weapon, even temporarily in someone else's possession,requires a transfer through a dealer. There is no exception for putting them in a friend's truck while moving to your new house or packing them unloaded,locked in a gunsafe into a moving truck.

Any scenario in which your weapon leaves your home without you is considered a transfer. Failure to properly transfer the weapon is a federal crime which can result in a prison term AND WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF YOURWEAPON.

In the scenario above, your buddy's truck was used to commit a federal    crime and WILL BE CONFISCATED just like with current Fish and Game violations.

EXAMPLE #3

Infractions as above which involve 2 guns of any type are considered weapons trafficking. You will be prosecuted under the same federal laws as a terrorist arms dealer.

EXAMPLE #4

Any of the infractions above (or hundreds of other routine scenarios)may result in federal charges, confiscation of ALL your weapons and being prohibited,like all felons, from ever owning a weapon again.

Read the text of the bill yourself. Most of it is boring legalese but the sections on transfers and trafficking are critical.

Take a minute to think about all the routine activities like those above that will make you a federal criminal and result in prison time plus the confiscation of your weapons and other property.

A link to the bill is included below on the official Senate website.See Section 122 "Firearms Transfers".

Read it and contact your Congressman's office. Talk to their staff.Tell them how you feel about this.

Keep in mind, none of the above would have stopped the tragedies in Columbine or Newtown.The proposed law makes you a criminal and opens the door for confiscation ofyour weapons and property for otherwise routine activities.

Think and act. Congress is hoping that you will do neither. This bill has no purpose at all except to gradually, incrementally, pass legislation that will lead to total confiscation of all of your firearms. 

Don't go to sleep now. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. The enemy never sleeps and just keeps coming at you.

If you found the patience to read the entire text, you also learned that $100 million per year of your tax money is set aside to enforce these restrictions.

Finally, please forward this to your friends who may be affected.

Lee Huszagh

Attorney at Law

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

We probably already are, if you delve deep enough into the Federal Register. There are enough laws already

on the books to make just about anyone a criminal in the federal governments' eyes.

That one was just the latest attempt to enslave the few remaining.

I agree with attorney's letter, also.

Edited by 6.8 AR

We're all felon's already.  You can't be an adult in this country and do anything of substance without unknowingly violating dozens of laws every year.

Edited by JayC

We're all felon's already.  You can't be an adult in this country and do anything of substance without unknowingly violating dozens of laws every year.

i was told years ago by an agent that if he wanted me he would give my name to a guy on a computer and he would bet money that something would come up illegal that i didnt know i was doing.