Hello from Halls

Guest Tenngurl58

Guest Tenngurl58
Hi All, moved to Halls not long ago and really like it here. I've heard my neighbors discharging their firearms and with some curiosity, learned they have made a special place in their back yard to set up targets in a safe place. The first time I heard shooting, I didn't know what to think but remained calm, trusting they know what they are doing. They do. I cannot find anything stating there is or is not an issue with discharging firearms in Knox county, so before I start setting up targets and having fun, any way to be sure? Thanks!
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome. as long as they are in the County, and are shooting on their own property, or with the properties owners permission, they are OK. I live in Powell and hear distance gun shots all the time.

I live in Powell behind the hospital....about 100 yards outside the city limits. I shoot a quite a bit with a suppressor as a courtesy to my neighbors. No problems, just be safe. Before they cleared the field behind the hospital (5 years ago) a fellow shot his muzzle loader all the the time and I never heard anyone complain. He was only 50yards from my subdivision which is pretty big.
Welcome to TGO Tenngurl, I'm in Ripley which is just down 51 a bit.

If you need help setting up a shooting range just give me a hollar, there are various ways of constructing shooting backstops but the best/safest way involves moving dirt & bulldozing up a nice big berm of earth.

I am not sure how much time, money or effort your looking to out into the project, but I've built all kinds over the years, everything from basic large earthen berms to more complex steel reinforced rail-road tie lean-to (deflect downward) type backstops.

All I ask is that iffin I help to build it, I get to come use it occasionally.

We live between Powell and Halls   We shoot on our own property and hear firing from the Moose Lodge all the time....Music to our ears and just helps to make our horses bomb proof!

Guest Tenngurl58
Thank you all for the warm welcome, good insights and offers of help. Ill keep you posted of my progress. Have a safe and good Holiday.

Welcome!  I was raised in Halls about a million years ago, and learned to shoot in my backyard there. Good to hear that some things have not changed. Enjoy the forum