California Senate approves 8 new gun control Bills. Ammo Registration.

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Although it can’t be positively confirmed, though maybe it’s just self-evident, a majority of state senators in the Golden State are itching to push through their pro-gun control agenda, approving at least seven bills on Wednesday that further restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners, including one bill that would set up an ammo registry.

That’s correct, under Senate Bill 53, responsible gun owners would be required to submit personal information to the state, undergo a background check and pay a $50 fee before being allowed to buy ammunition. Their information would be stored in a state database controlled by the Justice Department and the individual would have to present photo ID at a gun store upon making an ammo purchase.

http://www.guns.com/2013/05/29/california-senate-approves-8-gun-control-bills-including-ammo-registry-video/

Edited by TankerHC

At this point I just have to ask - who cares? CA is its own thing, full of, well, its own thing...

Several don't care just because its California.  But there are a lot of us that realize that California serves as a testing ground for the majority of gun control laws that propagate throughout the several states. Think of any restriction on firearms ownership in the U.S. and it most likely originated in California.

• Like 2

Several don't care just because its California.  But there are a lot of us that realize that California serves as a testing ground for the majority of gun control laws that propagate throughout the several states. Think of any restriction on firearms ownership in the U.S. and it most likely originated in California.

And yet while CA's laws have become more restrictive over the last two decades, the rest of the country's have become less so...

IOW, let CA be CA and be diligent about our local laws, but don't sweat what the people of CA have to deal with - they elected the people who make these laws.

I know the general reaction around here is 'aim for the blue helmets, they're just around the corner'  but the reality is we enjoy far more freedom wrt firearms today than we did even a decade ago...

Edited by crimsonaudio
Guest RedLights&Sirens
I think its arrogant to write off states passing these laws. Sure they elected these politicians but did every resident do so? Maybe thoes laws dont directly effect us but the Constitutional rights of others are still being trampled on and we should care.

Personaly I can give a damn less about my home state. I moved here from Connecticut two years ago and have not looked back. Before the move however I did not vote for the current @&&hole governer and neither did most of my freinds. Now they are in an (anti) arms race with California. That said I still contribute to pro-2A causes in CT because I know there are people there who need the support.

I get so tired of people (not here but other forums) telling others to move, like it were easy. When I moved here I had marital issues, an unemployed wife and $1100 back rent on my apartment and my job at a dead end. We packed as much as we could in the car and just left. Easy for us maybe but some people have a career (maybe with investment in pensions and retirement), children (in school), car payments, mortgage, etc. Oh and of course there is the whole issue of why should people be forced to move from their homes in the first place?

My point is, yea sure screw California and the like. Its not like there are any good people there at all that vote for their freedom and rights. Edited by RedLights&Sirens

For the most part I agree with you and im not one to typically overreact to proposed legislation.  My overall concern is that these laws get passed and although are typically challenged in court as to their constitutionality many of which make it up to the district court level and are upheld as constitutional.  This has a direct impact on all states within that district and an indirect impact on every other state.   I also can not agree with just letting California be California because there are people there who care just as much about their 2A rights as anyone on this forum bad laws are bad laws regardless of the state that they originate in and if we sit idly back and let it pass because of the state that it is in how long before it creeps it's way towards us right here in Tennessee.

My point is, yea sure screw California and the like. Its not like there are any good people there at all that vote for their freedom and rights.

I feel for those that live there and disagree with the politics - my point is we need not worry as if what CA does translates everywhere else. It most certainly does not. 

Guest RedLights&Sirens

I feel for those that live there and disagree with the politics - my point is we need not worry as if what CA does translates everywhere else. It most certainly does not.

Copy that. I agree with you and my rant wasnt really an attack, sorry if it came off as such. Just my two cents.

I don't think we have to worry that there laws will always translate everywhere.  It does worry me though that there laws are being upheld as constitutional and I think we should at least acknowledge that it has the possibility of spreading into other states.   

Guest RedLights&Sirens

I don't think we have to worry that there laws will always translate everywhere. It does worry me though that there laws are being upheld as constitutional and I think we should at least acknowledge that it has the possibility of spreading into other states.

I agree but being "upheld as constitutional" may be a bit rash. Some if these more obsurd laws are only a few months old or less and a court decision wont happen overnight. Give it some time, if no one in SCOTUS is replaced then some of these laws may fall.
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Sorry, Im having a stupid moment. Information is already in the OPs link. Edited by RedLights&Sirens