308 AR barrels

mk19

Awhile back I bought a MA-TEN lower+upper combo with the modular hand guards, now I am thinking of building it up. I was wondering what kind of barrels do you all run. I am thinking of running at least a 20 inch ultra match grade barrel from rainier arms. Has anyone have any experience with these barrels, good or bad? I'm open to other suggestions.

Added later:

I had totally forgot that I was originally considering JP barrels, just have to figure out if I am gonna go with a 20 or 22 inch barrel.

Edited by mk19
I just picked up a Lothar Walther barrel from the factory, got one in .223 and .308. My .223 is shooting sub .5 MOA groups the .308 I have stuck on a dpms reciever and free float tube and its shooting better than me. 20" 1/10 twist LW50 stainless supposedly wears better than most stainless. Got mine with matched bolt for $369, they call it a varmint tactical.. If I went with a different barrel I would consider a Lilja. Edited by trevorst
  • Like 1

I just picked up a Lothar Walther barrel from the factory, got one in .223 and .308. My .223 is shooting sub .5 MOA groups the .308 I have stuck on a dpms reciever and free float tube and its shooting better than me. 20" 1/10 twist LW50 stainless supposedly wears better than most stainless. Got mine with matched bolt for $369, they call it a varmint tactical.. If I went with a different barrel I would consider a Lilja.

If I am not mistaken, I think they are using Lothar Walther barrels on the M110, and at that price with a matched bolt it is much less expensive than the JP barrels. I'd have to research that. 

If I am not mistaken, I think they are using Lothar Walther barrels on the M110, and at that price with a matched bolt it is much less expensive than the JP barrels. I'd have to research that.

They had a couple dozen in stock when I ordered mine, took about a week after sending the check to arrive. I think those are on a special price until they sell them out, normally they are more costly than that. The barrels are very nice, accurate, clean easily. Only issue I have is, the .308 barrel wasn't dimpled or recessed for gas block but that isn't a big deal, also requires an Armalite gas tube as its cut longer than the dpms pattern tube (this was a little difficult to source).

They also make the barrels for Larue.