Tell me this isn't payola- The IRS giving bonuses

Guest 6.8 AR

Guest 6.8 AR

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130619/DA70MJC00.html

Well, when a government agency helps you win an election, you just must reward them!

Since when is a government agency to be paid bonuses for doing their job, or, in this case,

doing more than their job and breaking laws against the American people?

The income tax system really needs to be killed and replaced with the Fair Tax, or something

similar, and all those people with their bonuses need to be unemployed. This is most illegal

and most undermining of the public trust.

When you bribe a public official to do the work of a political party, or, in this case, a standing

President, you are committing treason against the United States. Just one more example of

a dictator's reign. Congress should fight this arrogance with impeachment resolution number

four or five, by now. He has a long track record of abuse against the citizen.

The notion of government unionized employees receiving bonuses is laughable

I'm pretty sure it was government employees from BATF who processed your C&R licence in under three weeks. They don't get pay raises, bonuses and many are getting furloughed. What would be an acceptable form of compensation? I get the anger towards the IRS (and BATF for Fast and Furious) but am starting to get tired of the accusation that EVERYONE who works for the gov. as being useless. Its the same type of sweeping generalizations the libs make by calling us all "gun nuts".

If they were negotiated the government has to pay them. I’m curious as to why the IRS would pay bonuses to union workers, and for what? And why are they furloughing people if they have 70$M to throw around.

And I’m not calling government workers useless. I was a cop in a union. If we had gotten bonuses people would go nuts. Do your job; if you want extra money work overtime.

I'm pretty sure it was government employees from BATF who processed your C&R licence in under three weeks. They don't get pay raises, bonuses and many are getting furloughed. What would be an acceptable form of compensation? I get the anger towards the IRS (and BATF for Fast and Furious) but am starting to get tired of the accusation that EVERYONE who works for the gov. as being useless. Its the same type of sweeping generalizations the libs make by calling us all "gun nuts".

The pay rate they agreed to when they voluntarily accepted the job. :shake: You expect to get paid MORE for doing the basic requirements of your job? Bonuses are for when you go above and beyond the base requirements and PRODUCE more income than was expected. It's the employers way of saying thank you for doing MORE than your job and expanding the business. Pretty sure none of that applies to the IRS. The idea that you should be rewarded above you agreed upon compensation for meeting the minimal requirements of the job is exactly why government employees are not taken seriously.

Edited by Smith

The pay rate they agreed to when they voluntarily accepted the job. :shake: You expect to get paid MORE for doing the basic requirements of your job? Bonuses are for when you go above and beyond the base requirements and PRODUCE more income than was expected. It's the employers way of saying thank you for doing MORE than your job and expanding the business. Pretty sure none of that applies to the IRS. The idea that you should be rewarded above you agreed upon compensation for meeting the minimal requirements of the job is exactly why government employees are not taken seriously.

You mean the pay rate they agreed to which is now being reduced by 10-15% by their employer? There was no mention of straight across the board "bonuses" for all the employees who meet the basic requirements of the job. I agree that bonuses should be paid for those who go above and beyond, but take issue with your definition of tying it to income generation. If a firefighter takes initiative, researches the latest innovations in HAZMAT response, prepares a training program, and teaches all the stations in the county, what income has he generated? If the chief recommends him for a $100 bonus, is he out of line?
Well everyone has made my point for me. I hold no grudge against gov employees. The notion of bonuses suggests doing something above and beyond or assisting an organization in achieving its goals.

If the IRSs goals were to harass groups trying to gain 501c4 status then I suppose bonuses should be made all around.

Otherwise don't expect extra money for doing your job. And most certainly don't expect bonuses when you work in a cost center and not a profit center. By definition all of government is a cost center. The bet you can hope to do in terms of costs savings as a .gov employee is to come in under budget and spend budgets wisely. There is no value creation in government. By definition there can't be since government exists only by obtaining money from the citizenry through taxes. And dont mistake my comments / Much of what government does is helpful and necessary - I.e. infrastructure, police, fire, etc.
  • Like 2
Thanks for restating my point Hersh. The reason people get upset about government employee compensation is because that compensation is made off my back, taken from my families pocket, and given to someone else. Why should my family get less from the same amount of work, so that a government employee, simply doing his job, can have more.
Guest 6.8 AR

They did the same kind of thing with the key employees at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Those employees

made sure anyone who could breathe would get loans. They got bonuses and we got the tab for the bad loans

and the bonuses.

This kind of thing has been going on for years and is wrong. First time I heard of the IRS getting them, though.

Obama is paying off his cronies just like Clinton did. I don't know if Bush did anything like this, but maybe.

Edited by 6.8 AR