Alternatives to Comcast

Guest Keal G Seo

Yeah, internet is very limited in options. I too have Comcast and would switch off if their were any competitive services for gaming speeds. I already have Dish for TV (free HD for life) and magicjack for my phone service. So yeah only using them for what I have to. If you have zero other options then I would suggest getting a wireless (cellular) internet plan and a phone that works as a wifi hotspot because 3 and 4G are both faster than satellite internet most of the time and cheaper on unlimited plans.

Speaking of Comcast, I have to accounts with them, one is just basic cable and internet and the other is the HD Preferred package, last bill they claim I made a change and billed my 212 days @ $0.98 a day for HD, that I've had forever.. If it wouldn't be for the internet, I would drop them in a heart beat, DSL is okay, but not really an option for me, I'm a software developer so,  I usually stream a lot of Instructional Videos, spend way too much time on the web..

I usually play the game and switch between providers to get deals and to be honest Directv is looking pretty good at the moment for TV.. 

Guest uofmeet

I have comcast for internet and pay like 40/mo for 50down and 10 up. And that also includes TV which i do not use. I have direcTV for tv and just got sunday ticket free for like the 3rd time. My internet has been solid as a rock. Just have to call up every once in a while to bitch to keep my rate low.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.