More Corey "Justice"

Been hearing about this other controversial case that Corey prosecuted. Unclear if it ever went before a grand jury either.

Jacksonville lady, never in trouble before, mother of three, fired warning shot against abusive husband, nobody hurt, got 20 years. A man who was convicted of actual murder shortly before only got 15.

And she's black. Where's the mass outrage regarding this? Where's Al and Jesse and BHO?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/15/marissa-alexander-stand-your-ground-george-zimmerman

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
Where is Joe Biden?

Iffin I had to guess, he's probably off somewhere eating cheap tacos bothering the hell out of whomever is unfortunate to have been sitting next to him.

At least I hope that's what he's doing & he's not in his office actually performing the important duties of his job.
Guest TresOsos

From an article about it on the Blaze.

"An argument ensued, and Alexander said she feared for her life when she went out to her vehicle and retrieved the gun she legally owned. She came back inside and ended up firing a shot into the wall, which ricocheted into the ceiling."

She was in fear of her life, went to her vehicle retrived a firearm and went back inside.

Why did she not lock herself in her car and/or call 911. Sorry she got 20 years, but this doesn't pass the smell test.

Edited by TresOsos
Guest Bonedaddy

Smells "and" justice are both misleading as hell. i once thought I smelled pizza while out in the woods squirrel huntin'. Turned out to be a half rotted 'yote. I, also, saw, while waitin' my turn for a speedin' ticket in Collierville, a judge give a 2nd offense shop liftin' charge, a woman in her early to mid 50's, a very mild speech and a charge of just court cost and then turn around and blow out a young lady, who went through the expense and trouble to show that her speedometer was, indeed, off by quite a bit, a hefty fine plus CC, statin' that the law does not say whether you are to have a correctly functioning speedometer but that you are not to speed, PERIOD! I almost stood up and pitched a b*itch over that but thought better of it, since I was next. Go figger.

Guest TresOsos

I didn't say anything about justice and people thought GZ was an idiot and used bad judgement.

Sorry I can't get behind this one.

Where is Joe Biden?

Iffin I had to guess, he's probably off somewhere eating cheap tacos bothering the hell out of whomever is unfortunate to have been sitting next to him.

At least I hope that's what he's doing & he's not in his office actually performing the important duties of his job.

The Vice President of the United States has important duties? I didn't know that.

Guest Emtdaddy1980

The Vice President of the United States has important duties? I didn't know that.

Important duties = BHOs insurance policy.

One of the talking heads (am I using that term correctly?) on the morning news said she'd left something inside and had to go back for it.  Her keys, maybe?  Would certainly explain why she went back inside - and why she didn't just leave.

Ms (...?...) Corey appears to be the republican equivalent of "Mother Justice" Reno; another noted Florida Prosecuting Attorney (...from miami, i think....).  Think about it.

leroy

PS -- Thanks for takin the time to post the other articles....