Looks like a good year for wildlife.

we have a few squirrels in the back yard as well as or did have some rabbit, have seen a few deer feeding in some of the corn fields in the area, not sure about the other areas but here in Sango, Clarksville there is a whole bunch of corn growing this year.  Now we havent been here long but I have to figure that with the amount of corn growing that should also make for a bumper year in turkey as well as deer, and well fed too boot. 

Yep, bumper crop of rabbits, turkey and deer around here too. In the five years I've lived here in Henry County, I've only seen one pair of quail.

I take it there is still hunt able populations of quail some places in Tennessee?

I sure hope the quail populations come back in all areas of Tennessee. Quail is my favorite bird to hunt... and I love eating them too. Sadly, I've not heard, nor seen, and quail activity around the Murfreesboro area for years now. If the coveys are small, no matter where they are, I hope the hunters will give them a pass, and let them recover. I keep hearing the cause for their decline is habitat, coyotes, turkey, and fire ants, but can't honestly say what's the cause myself. What do you quail hunters out there think?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.