Hello

Guest BigBoostDSM

Guest BigBoostDSM

Hello!

I found this site through a fellow on the opencarry.org forums. I am a member of quite a few gun related forums, and I'm glad I found this one too!

I just moved to Knoxville from a city called Naperville, IL. Yes, the people's republic of Illinois. It feels GREAT to be in a free state! I'm 21 years old and still attending college. I just bought a condo here and am beginning to make a life with my girlfriend of 2 years.

I recently purchased a Glock 19 as my first handgun (and a 21st birthday present to myself). I am in love with this gun, I can't see myself ever getting rid of it (all though I will be adding a few more to the collection).

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself. Hope to be around here quite often.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiLBucket

Welcome to TGO BigBoostDSM!! I'm sure you'll like it in here!

Welcome to TN too! Feel free to ask about the Knoxville area if you have any questions. I lived around there for a spell (my parents still do) and others on here are current knoxVILLIANS!

Guest Boomhower

Welcome BigBoostDSM. Come on out and join us this Sat. if you can. As far as I know, this will be the first East Tn. meet, so nobody will know anyone...Well kinda.

Guest BigBoostDSM
Welcome! Now get your carry permit as quick as you can and try to get your girlfriend to do so as well. Knoxville is a nice town, but like the rest of the world has people who'd like to make you a victim.

Trying to find the best place to take it locally and then make the appointment. Girlfriends step dad has his TN CCW, her parents live in Louisville. She's not 21 yet, but once she is her and her mother are going to take the class together. I don't want to wait that long so I will be doing mine in the near future.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :eek:

Guest BigBoostDSM
Welcome BigBoostDSM. Come on out and join us this Sat. if you can. As far as I know, this will be the first East Tn. meet, so nobody will know anyone...Well kinda.

I'd love to but I'm going to be back home in IL for the next couple weeks. Maybe next time.

Guest BigBoostDSM
Congratulations on a nice firearm and moving out of a state with very restrictive gun laws (at least certain cities.) We tend to have fun and poke fun at ourselves a lot over here so enjoy the fray.

The state as a whole is hell for gun owners. Chicago has overrun it all, the votes from farther south in the state don't really even matter (Last election for governor was decided before votes outside of Chicago were counted).

You have to have a FOID (Firearms Owner ID) card just to purchase firearms and ammunition. You have to have one to possess them in your own residence too!