Problem with Gunbroker (PHC "TN Gun Brokers"...good to go)

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

EDITED: Taken care of, no misunderstanding and being cautious. The seller was very nice and fully understood, we talked about Armslist sales (People posting things they dont even have to sell) and other gun related things. He is in Cleveland and does know the owners of Poseys, (I got the Poseys first name wrong, only talked to them once and he gave me both of their correct names), his number links to a Cleveland address and he called me with Cleveland ID, so he is legit.

He apparently had not heard of TNGO, but asked if I would give his business a good word. He has over 400 guns available (Including some weird and unusual guns that he said they get in all the time). One he has up in particular I want. Its a one of a kind (In this particular circumstance) and he does layaways on all of his sales, I thought 90 days, he was talking 10 months as long as you pay at least 10% a month and even if you miss a payment they give you 60 days before you lose anything.

He does not have a storefront but the company does have storefronts, the nearest one he said is in Knoxville.

Final deal, I got a Model 94, made in 1965     EDIT: Just got off the phone with WInchester-Browning, gun was made '63. Either way, 65 or 63, I FEEL I still got a good deal. (According to the SN) delivered to Poseys in Cleveland for less than 350. The bluing is in at least 90% condition, the stock is scratched up but I dont care, the wood is good and I can fix the scratches. Plus I bought it to shoot, not to collect.

Im happy, and will do business with them again.

OP below the line

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have bought several guns through two account over the years off of gunbroker and have not had this issue before. Ill take it for now that I am screwing something up.

I bid on a Model 94 last night and won the auction this morning. There was no reserve and when I get this rifle, will be the best deal I have ever gotten off of gunbroker. I am paying less than I paid for my used 336.

When I went to pay this morning there was no option and the checkout was greyed out. Had to go to the hospital today and got back about three hours ago and messaged PHC because it was still greyed out. Got a message from PHC on the final price, but no payment method in the email. Just the amount.

Just went back to checkout and although it has shown all day I won the auction, in checkout the rifle isnt even there any longer.

So if PHC is a member here would you message me? I need to give you my number or get a number, I am unable to pay for the rifle. right now the rifle isnt even showing up in checkout (My checkout). Ill write it off right now to either something I am doing or a glitch (only reason I can figure all payment methods are greyed out)

J

EDIT: OK, right now I see one problem. Payment only accepted check or money order or over the phone. Thats why everything is greyed out. Can get to the closing auction but nothing else. PHC has god reviews, and some other guns I want. Is he a member here?

Edited by TankerHC
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send a message and request to meet in person. I have bought several from Gun Brokers that were local. If he is not a FFL holder ,Posey gun and pawn in Cleveland can do the transfer . They have received several for me that I bought on Gun Brokers.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

The checkout portion of gunbroker is relatively new. It's basically for if he seller has set up credit card processing through Gunbroker and will be greyed out if hasnt, which for an individual selling a gun I would imagine he doesnt havecc processing. Anyway, just get his name and address from the auction listng and send him a money order with a copy of your local dealer's FFL license. It's what most folks do - unless he is local to you and agrees to meet in person. If you can't find the listing anymore, it should be under My Gunbroker -> Buying. If it's not there then perhaps you purchased it using one of your different accounts. I've never heard of auctions just poofing after they have closed like that.

Guest TankerHC

The checkout portion of gunbroker is relatively new. It's basically for if he seller has set up credit card processing through Gunbroker and will be greyed out if hasnt, which for an individual selling a gun I would imagine he doesnt havecc processing. Anyway, just get his name and address from the auction listng and send him a money order with a copy of your local dealer's FFL license. It's what most folks do - unless he is local to you and agrees to meet in person. If you can't find the listing anymore, it should be under My Gunbroker -> Buying. If it's not there then perhaps you purchased it using one of your different accounts. I've never heard of auctions just poofing after they have closed like that.

Not new, I have been using it for 5 years, same system generally. But he messaged me and said that they had not been able to get it to work since they opened their account. It is PHC, but it is TN Gunbrokers. ANd he does have a Cleveland phone number.