Nearly One Million Low-Income Tennessee Households to Benefit from Free, Government-S

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is TOTAL BULL ****. Why in the hell are taxpayers paying for something that 15 years ago almost no one had! My cell phone stays in my truck and is usually OFF. What are we going to pay for next?

So, they pick the most expensive, pay-per-minute phone company they can. TracFone.

Instead of getting a million line plan with 60 minutes per phone each, pluss E911 service. I know T-Mobile and Sprint would jump to cut a sweet deal on that. And I'm sure the other big guys would too. From my time as a sellular sales rep, I would guess this runs 120million a month for airtime alone. maybe less if tracfone has come down any. And they say the handsets are 'donated'. I wonder how much that 'donation' cost US. Yet we the honest non-bumgs, thieves, and beggars are paying the outrageous bull****. Thank you so much, you government *******s. I'm soooo ****ing proud.

Sorry for the expletive hant, but this one deserves it.

Guest unreconstructed1
What do you feel we should buy next?

reduced price HCPs and vouchers for free Hi points would probably do a lot of low income families a lot of good.

personally, I am against government hand-outs, and this is a very good explanation of why.

Guest mikedwood

This is a great thing it has been needed for sometime.

I am writing my senator right now and telling them to draft a bill this weekend that would propose all low income eligible families and singles would get a free set of 24" wheels and tires. But they will have to prove the car is worth less than the retail value of the wheels.

In fact it would be a nice gesture to send out a free Xbox and or Ps3 game each month with the foodie cards. In the rare case they don't have a game system just have a 800 hot line set up to express a system out. Or just send me a foodie card. I think I'm the only person in Oak Ridge that doesn't have one.

I think it would be a step up for the deserved under privileged. Other than what I have said I don't know what to say. I really don't.

I dont care about the phones so much as who gets them. Is jaun or carlito going to be moving drugs from mexico with em. Are they going to citizens of the U.S. if so GREAT, id rather a legal citizen of the U.S.A. get one than some illegal, or third world sh*t in another country. If we are gonna spend it spend it at home.

I saw a commercial on TV for this crap last week. At first I thought it was just some cheesy new cell company and then I heard the part about the govt. paying for it... it was a real jaw dropping WTF moment for me.

If you have a cell phone won't it call 911 even if it has no minutes or has been cut off by the provider?

Besides we all know that all these people have cell phones already. I don't care how poor they are they have cable and a cell phone... they have their priorities straight!

<<<< Lives in OR and doesn't have a foodie card...guess that makes two of us.:tough:

^^^Yeah, all phones (modern ditital CDMAs or GSMs) will call 911 without service activated. Even a bunch of analog phones will do it. So the cost here is for 60 minutes of airtime per line each month. See my above post. Obscene.

Guest Phantom6
This is a great thing it has been needed for sometime.

I am writing my senator right now and telling them to draft a bill this weekend that would propose all low income eligible families and singles would get a free set of 24" wheels and tires. But they will have to prove the car is worth less than the retail value of the wheels.

In fact it would be a nice gesture to send out a free Xbox and or Ps3 game each month with the foodie cards. In the rare case they don't have a game system just have a 800 hot line set up to express a system out. Or just send me a foodie card. I think I'm the only person in Oak Ridge that doesn't have one.

I think it would be a step up for the deserved under privileged. Other than what I have said I don't know what to say. I really don't.

:cool: I don't care what anybody says. That right there is funny! ;)

Back 35 or so years ago before cell phones and when I was a poor starving college kid I couldn't afford a phone so I had to rely on my neighbor across the hall for staying in contact with my family, employer, etc. Of course that required that you actually get to know your neighbors back in the olden days. Damn, now that I think about it I'm really pissed off. :lol: That's how I met my first wife- she lived across the hall from me and I used to borrow her phone. If only the gubment had come in and installed a free phone in my apartment I could have stayed in touch with everyone and talked into the wee hours of the morning to my heart's content and quite possibly saved myself a few years of misery and a DAMNED BLOODY FORTUNE!!! :rock:

Guest jackdog

pandering politicians. Bet your butt someone is getting greased under the table by that high dollar provider. I hate the fed and state government. Damn tired of all the fing give away programs we support. I vote for a full scale revolution.

Alright people. These phones will only have 60 minutes a month for up to one year.I use that just checking my voice mail.

This is set up for people that has no commutations what so ever.Have you ever gotten a job without a a way of communicating with a penitential employer?

Guest grimel
Alright people. These phones will only have 60 minutes a month for up to one year.I use that just checking my voice mail.

This is set up for people that has no commutations what so ever.Have you ever gotten a job without a a way of communicating with a penitential employer?

welfare has paid for basic land line service for years. If they ain't got no job why ain't they home to answer the phone - because they don't want no damn job when da man will keep giving them stuff fo free. :koolaid::mad::screwy::mad:

Well thats really not proving anything,but Ill take your word :koolaid:

Just because we have a project after projects full of people that will not work does not mean that all low income family's are that way.Most do work.Most are under-educated.Most are working day to day manual labor.

Let me add to that with an analogy.

You're a gun owning American.

That makes you far right extremist,paranoid gun toting psycho set out for villeinage justice.

They're low income.

That makes them young blacks,living in the projects riding on dubs while refusing to work.

welfare has paid for basic land line service for years. If they ain't got no job why ain't they home to answer the phone - because they don't want no damn job when da man will keep giving them stuff fo free. :koolaid::mad::screwy::mad:
they paid for my wife's. happy?

Was your wife like that?