Another Senseless Murder You’re Not Hearing About

Guest TresOsos

Guest TresOsos

Another Senseless Murder You’re Not Hearing About — and Some in the Family Wonder If It Could Be a Trayvon Martin Revenge Murder

From article:

In addition to the fact that Santucci was still in possession of his phone and wallet, Miguel says witnesses told police that the car drove past David, stopped and backed up. One of the suspects (Mario Patterson) got out of the car and walked toward Santucci, fired a shot and ran back to the car, jumping into the driver’s seat and speeding off.  Miguel also says the police told him that the 9mm shell casing was found 10 feet from the body — an indication to him that the shooter was not at close range as would typically happen with a robbery.

Full article.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/22/another-senseless-murder-youre-not-hearing-about-and-some-in-the-family-wonder-if-it-could-be-a-trayvon-martin-revenge-murder/

And this happen in our own cesspool of a backyard, the bright and beautiful s**thole Memphis.

Edited by TresOsos

Today the morning Memphis News had a breaking story about a 5 year old who brought a pistol to school in his backpack that went off. 

No one was hurt. Police are holding the kid for questioning....

Hmmm, "Tommy, where do you live?"..."i dunno".

"where'd you get this gun?" "i dunno".  

"well, what do you know"...."I dunno".  

Hmmmm, "Who' are your parents?"... "Mommy and Daddy".

A five year old for god's sake! Parents should be held responsible for letting a 5 year old get at a pistol.

Lp

Does the motivation for this murder really matter that much?

I suppose it could possibly affect a potential sentence but murder is murder, whether it was a robbery or race-hatred; I don't see much difference.

That said, I am surprised that this is the first I've heard of it given it happened in Tennessee (then again, I spend more time listening to national and international news than I do local).

Today the morning Memphis News had a breaking story about a 5 year old who brought a pistol to school in his backpack that went off. 

No one was hurt. Police are holding the kid for questioning....

Hmmm, "Tommy, where do you live?"..."i dunno".

"where'd you get this gun?" "i dunno".  

"well, what do you know"...."I dunno".  

Hmmmm, "Who' are your parents?"... "Mommy and Daddy".

A five year old for god's sake! Parents should be held responsible for letting a 5 year old get at a pistol.

Lp

News here reported that the kid's daddy hid the gun in the back pack. He was hiding it from the police but forgot it was there!

DaveS

Edited by DaveS
Guest TresOsos

Does the motivation for this murder really matter that much?

I suppose it could possibly affect a potential sentence but murder is murder, whether it was a robbery or race-hatred; I don't see much difference.

That said, I am surprised that this is the first I've heard of it given it happened in Tennessee (then again, I spend more time listening to national and international news than I do local).

Another article I read, went into how the City of Memphis government and the Memphis press go to great lenghts to to cover up incidents like this.

I seems it hurts the Beale Street tourism a lot when stuff like this comes out and they can't have that. Money matters much more than the safety of the people visiting downtown.

And does the reason  matter, yes it does to me, cold blooded murder because someone is white is just as appaling as colf blood murder of someone because they are black. Whites would be charged with a hate crime for this and so should the perpertrators of this crime if it is proven to be racially motivated.

Another article I read, went into how the City of Memphis government and the Memphis press go to great lenghts to to cover up incidents like this.

I seems it hurts the Beale Street tourism a lot when stuff like this comes out and they can't have that. Money matters much more than the safety of the people visiting downtown.

And does the reason  matter, yes it does to me, cold blooded murder because someone is white is just as appaling as colf blood murder of someone because they are black. Whites would be charged with a hate crime for this and so should the perpertrators of this crime if it is proven to be racially motivated.

Murder is a pretty serious crime that often involves life in prison or execution. As such, I don't think adding the ridiculous "hate crime" states is going to change that.

As far as the reputation of Memphis goes, I think that cat left the bag a LONG time ago and I doubt that any attempts by the "city" to keep stories will be either successful nor have any real impact anyway.  ANY tourist or visitor who goes to Memphis without understanding how dangerous it can be is likely a candidate for the Darwin award.

Murder is a pretty serious crime that often involves life in prison or execution. As such, I don't think adding the ridiculous "hate crime" states is going to change that.

I don't know that it would make much difference in sentencing.  I also agree that the idea of 'hate crimes' is a bit ridiculous - 'hate crime' laws should be struck from the books.  That said, if 'hate crime' laws are going to remain on the books, I would at least like to see the powers that be admit that it is possible for a white person to be the victim of a hate crime simply because they are white (not because they are gay or some, other reason.)  I would also like to see an admission that it is possible for a non-white person to commit a 'hate crime'.  If these ridiculous laws are going to remain on the books then at the very least I would like to see the double standard that is applied to them go away.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 5

I don't know that it would make much difference in sentencing.  I also agree that the idea of 'hate crimes' is a bit ridiculous - 'hate crime' laws should be struck from the books.  That said, if 'hate crime' laws are going to remain on the books, I would at least like to see the powers that be admit that it is possible for a white person to be the victim of a hate crime simply because they are white (not because they are gay or some, other reason.)  I would also like to see an admission that it is possible for a non-white person to commit a 'hate crime'.  If these ridiculous laws are going to remain on the books then at the very least I would like to see the double standard that is applied to them go away.

I'd like to win a PowerBall - I think my odds of getting my desire are better than your odds of getting yours. :shrug:

I'd like to win a PowerBall - I think my odds of getting my desire are better than your odds of getting yours. :shrug:

Could be.  Things certainly won't change until non-minorities start protesting these laws and the manner in which they are applied.  Sad thing is that if a bunch of straight, white guys and gals were to form a peaceful protest of 'hate crime' laws and the fact that they are applied inequitably - no matter how much factual evidence or how many examples of legal cases we cited - we'd likely be labeled as whack jobs, racists and domestic terrorists.  Add in that so many non-minorities feel that they don't have the right to say anything due to their feelings of 'white guilt' and, unfortunately, your assessment is most likely right on.

Edited by JAB
Guest nra37922

....Add in that so many non-minorities feel that they don't have the right to say anything due to their feelings of 'white guilt' and, unfortunately, your assessment is most likely right on.

It's called emasculation.  Gonads are kept in Mason jars held in the offices of the ACLU and NAACP..