Kel Tec Question

Guest gunslinger707

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sermon8r
i've heard a lot of good stuff about them. about the only bad thing is it has a long hard trigger pull.

the Trigger pull improves with time.

mine were good ones... no problems...

FWIW i liked the trigger pull on the Kel-Tec better than the PT-145 Mil Pro i had

Guest grimel

My dad being the hard headed man he is continued to shoot his P11 extensively long after having proved it to be reliable. Some where between 1500-2000 rounds the take down pin snapped.

Kel-tec sent me the pin ASAP at no cost. After 200 rounds it seemed to be running normally, but, he couldn't get over it having broke so he replaced it with a Kahr CW9.

i've heard a lot of good stuff about them. about the only bad thing is it has a long hard trigger pull.

I have a friend that just bought one over a month ago, but he works 12hrs a day and being a new dad to twins he's never fired it. So being the friend I am :D, I took it to the range a couple days ago. I may be bais because I hate D/A guns. So for me it sucked. No fun at all to shoot. The trigger was like pulling a elephant with your pinky. The first few shots it felt like it would never fire, you really have to pull on the trigger, and there goes your accuracy. But of course in the heat of the moment that would not be a problem. Although I must say I feed it a box and there was never a hiccup.

Edited by big mo
Guest tokarev

No. It's not a target gun. Yes you can hit a man sized target at 25 yards. Of course why you'd be shooting a small "defensive" pistol at someone at that range I can't invision. 10-15 yards, I can keep them on a paper plate at rapid fire. One hand, draw and fire from the hip, I can keep all 10 rounds in the torso. To me, that's what it's made for. Then again, I started shooting using revolvers double action only.

As I stated before. To me it's a 'get'en off me' gun, I have a over 2000 mixed rounds through mine with no problems. I've carried it daily for almost 9 years. Bought it used for 200 bucks and I stake my life on it.

Guest pjblurton

I've never shot the P11 but I've had a P40 for about 6 years. Kicks like a freak'n mule and can barely hit the broad side of a barn at 25yds.

But it goes boom every time you yank the trigger and makes a bigger hole than a 9 or .380.

Not at all pleasant to shoot but good peace of mind...

DA triggers are a problem for most folks because they don't practice shooting that way. I don't worry about it with the P3AT. I probably won't be using it beyond 15 feet anyway. But for the USP 40 and 92 SB, I make a point of practicing with them in DA mode. Given a choice, I'll cock the hammer. That only takes a second, but knowing how to shoot them DA is important.

Guest gunslinger707

Thank's for the replie's guy's appreciate the help. just looking for something a little bigger than my p32 but smaller than my .45 Compact.for discreet carry :D

bobsqu.gif

Sorry, I just couldn't resist :D

Oh, and the P-11 is zero fun at the range. It's great for its intended purpose - an easily concealable pocket gun that means business if some unsavory character gets a bit to close.

Edited by fizik