A short general observation about Forum members

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I was on MSGO, PA Firearms Association and several other Forums. I have met up with people from all of them to do things. On MSGO I personally got to know well over 200 shooters. Because of MSGO I found a good range and became a member of Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club, joined the IPSC, got instruction, had my guns worked on by pro's free (Always tried to return the favor somehow), was given a ton of good deals on all sorts of things, not just firearms related. (Also tried to return the favor(s)).

I have been invited to shoot on their private ranges, join their clubs, I have been invited into their homes, invited for the Holidays (Usually cant do it, but invited nonetheless). Gone out to eat, even been to the movies with them and other things, fishing, invited to hunt on their private property etc. As stated I always try to return the favor, sometimes in my mind not a whole lot that can match what the members of various Forums offer.

On TNGO, I joined over 2 years ago (Sure as heck doesnt seem that long), but didnt really get a chance to meet up with anyone until a few months ago. Since then I have probably met about 30 people here. I have been invited to shoot at least 4 times, 2 on R&P Club ranges, twice on private land. Made quite a few good deals with members and have been referred to other members to help with issues related to firearms and shooting in general. Now that I am back on a bike, been offered to ride along 3 times.

One of my wife's husbands passed away last year, she was alone and wanted a gun for HD. Through a Forum she ended up getting a S&W Airweight, ammo, and instruction on how to use it at our range.

Another one of my wife's friends house got broken into. She and her husband (Not a gun guy) decided to arm themselves. In the process she was able to fire at least 10 different types of handguns in various calibers, see what she liked best (Glock) and while at the range, the R&P Club treasurer came over and gave her a block of instruction on stance, trigger pull, breathing techniques and some other things. Before she purchased her first gun or first bullet, she was able to test fire more different firearms and calibers than many regular shooters have shot.

To wrap this up, my point is that Forum members and shooters in general are just a helluva bunch of good men and women. Of course I couldnt really get to know anyone here until I moved up here, I was always up here just visiting wifes family then heading home. But it is just he same. Tons of lessons to be learned (And lessons that are learned and remembered. maybe I have been fortunate but I have yet to meet up for shooting with a single forum member who was an unsafe gun handler) Good people. 

What got me to thinking about this (And no offense to anyone not mentioned, it applies to all), met up last week with TripleDigitRide, had my brother along visiting from Virginia. He will graduate from Truck Driving School in 7 weeks. I told TDR what his plans were, the company he is going to work for wants him to buy a Tractor Trailer right out of school. TDR gave him some great advice, which he has decided to use.

Met up today with 79troublehead. One of the nicest fella's I have met.

When I go to meet up with a Forum member, my wife always says the same thing "Ok, see you later" at which I reply "What? Ill be right back". Her "When you meet up your always gone, you know you get into conversations and forget the time". (She doesnt mind, just realistic). I have met up with people and ended up standing nowhere and talking (not just guns, everything) for 3 hours before.

Thanks, I appreciate it, seriously.

Edited by TankerHC
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun owners that are open about owning firearms are some of the best people you will meet.

After all, we know what each other have, no need to start something, for it would not end well.

I dont tell just anyone about my firearms till I get a feel about how they stand on a few things.

Wish I could meet a few more members, but when a get together comes up I am working

or taking care of other things.

I'm meeting up with Terry tomorrow to get some of that fine honey he is selling. Getting 6 jars of it but we won't get to talk much because he has a full day of things to do and so do I but will be nice to put a name with a face anyway.

Met with Terry today to get some honey as well. Super nice guy. He schooled me on bees and it was very interesting stuff I didn't know. Very cool creatures.

There isn't another forum with as many great members as TGO, in my opinion.

And as far as my advice for your brother goes, it was my pleasure. But when it's all said and done, I owe you big time for all the help you've given me in the last week or so. Big time.

Feel free to give your brother my number, and I'll be glad to help him in any way I can.

It's true, TGO is pretty much the best. I've had the pleasure of putting some faces to some names and it has always gone well.

As far as the quality of people who find their way onto TGO, its like magic is the best I can say. The bad ones don't last long thanks to our awesome staff, and the really bad ones never even show up.
I think another big part is it seems like egos don't come into play often, most every forum for any interest has a group of folks who just have to show how bad a$$ they are, or how smart they are. Not here, if someone has a question, they ask. If someone has answer they give it along with any other info they believe may be helpful. No BS, just good folks helping one another.