Stolen Browning BT100.........RECOVERED!

Fitty%

That is a unique gun for sure. A release trigger fire system is rare but I have heard of one other one in my life. Back many moons ago when I was just a kid and buddy and I used to do a lot of Trap shooting at a local gun club. It was a great bunch of guys to shoot with and there was one guy in particular and his name was Sammy Percicco and came out of Chicago to shoot with us on weekends. We all got to calling him Flinching Sammy because he would call for the bird and when he got ready to fire he wold flinch at least two of three times before firing and it would cause him to miss a lot of birds. There were several guys there that where very good shooters and one of them talked with Sammy about helping him with his flinching. Sammy was shooting a Beretta 12 gauge semi auto pigeon grade high dollar gun. The guy talked Sammy into letting him take the gun and fix it for him to improve his shooting. All I remember is when they came to the shoot the following Saturday he took Sammy out to the range and we all followed to watch and he showed Sammy what they had done to modify his gun. The guys has designed a release fire system for the gun. They handed Sammy the gun and told him that when he pulled the trigger nothing would happen but when he released it the gun would fire. Sure enough Sammy positioned the gun on his shoulder in shooting position and pulled the trigger and held it and called for a bird. When he swung in the direction of the bird flight he flinched and when he did the gun went off and he hit the bird just enough you could see yellow dust fly off the bird but didn't break it. With in about an hour Sammy was busting more birds then he had ever broke before. It worked really well for him. When I heard the guy in the video talk about the Browning having a similar fire-ring system it brought back the memories of when I a kid and Flinching Sammy at the trap shoots....... :up: :up:

Shame you all didn't get the thief. Were you all able to get any additional info to help the police though?

No the guy that gave it back was selling puppies and had a sign out in his yard for it. The guy he got it from stopped for the puppies and traded him the shotgun and some cash for a pup. He didnt get his info.