New trimmer

Got a Dillon RT1200 from a member here. Went to Home Depot on my way home to get a vacuum, ordered a 308 and 300/221 die for the trimmer as well, and it's set up for 223 right now. Wish I could do 6.8 as well with this motor but I can't :(

I set it up to go through my bench with the vacuum underneith and out of the way. Works perfect. Little loud, but that's what ear muffs are for. Big benefit is I can now vacuum my bench without bringing in my shop vac or anything. Makes perfect sense.

image_zps5c5b490c.jpg

image_zps2f31f6d3.jpg

image_zps433c7100.jpg

image_zps1261cea1.jpg

Edited by 173rdABN
  • Like 1
No, just the special die body. I had a rt1200 and sold it. I now use the Hornady Trim Prep Center. I seem to get more done this way since I can also clean primer pockets and demilitarize cases, etc. I have found that you must purchase the Hornady shell holders . The others don't work. If I was going to start doing production type numbers I would think real hard about a Giraud trimmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, just the special die body. I had a rt1200 and sold it. I now use the Hornady Trim Prep Center. I seem to get more done this way since I can also clean primer pockets and demilitarize cases, etc. I have found that you must purchase the Hornady shell holders . The others don't work. If I was going to start doing production type numbers I would think real hard about a Giraud trimmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well that makes a lot more sense. I knew that the Dillon trimmers were awful exspensive to not be capable of trimming whatever I wanted it to trim. The Little Crow WFT trimmers are doing a pretty good job in large numbers for me but i'm never against faster.

The 1200 is nice.set mine up w a harbor freight vac attached. It cuts really precise, I also use a wft for 300 depending on how many I want to trim. Something I added was a small strip of led lights to my 650 which works like a charm especially when trimming. Some guys expect the 1200 to blow through a half inch of brass trimming for 300 use. Apparently the 1200 doesn't like it and burns up pretty quick. Enjoy!!' Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.y7y7apyz.jpgydysuvej.jpg

Edited by Dustbuster
Come on now 6.8, it was dirty because I was cutting a hole in my bench and didn't put my tools away before I took a picture. I got to excited. Hahaha.

I cut my .223 in a band saw before I do my final cut to 300/221. Won't be burning up my trimmer anytime soon!