Ares Gear Belts?

GlockSpock

• Moderators

I'll admit, these belts caught my eye while browsing Raven Concealment's website. I've read that they are quite stiff, and often times require removing the buckle in order to thread it through your pants.

I am interested in purchasing one, but see that there are several options. Does anyone have one, and if so, what do you like/dislike about it? I had a High Noon Holsters belt, but lost a lot of weight and stopped wearing it. I now use a Spec-Ops Brand Better BDU Belt, but feel like I could probably use a belt that offers more support. I'm hoping that the Ares Belts offer just that.

Please, give me some reviews and recommendations.

• Admin Team

The Ares Gear Ranger belt is, in my opinion, the best belt on the market today.  Yes it's stiff - as you want a good gun belt to be.  Yes, you're going to need to unthread the buckle from the belt to get it through a pair of 501s or any decent holster - again, this is by design.

I'm certain that if they bury me in this belt and an archeologist digs me up in 10,000 years, they'll be able to dust off this belt and put it back into service.

You're in Cleveland - anytime anyone in Nashville wants to put eyes on one, let me know and you're welcome to come by.

I second what MacGyver said. I have one with the Raven Concealment Phantom Holster and that is the most solid platform I can find. The belt is the stiffest I have ever wore. I have a good leather belt that I got from DM Bullard and it is a great belt, but after wearing the Ares Gear Ranger belt the leather belt doesn't hold a candle to it. Don't worry about having to take the buckle off. It took me all of a couple of hours to figure it out and now I am about to get it on and off just as fast as any belt I own. I will swear by this belt till the day I die. 

• Moderators

I just wish someone in Cleveland had one! If anyone does live near Cleveland and has one, PM me. I will probably end up ordering one tonight after I measure how long it should be, but I would like to give it a go if possible before I order just to verify everything will be alright.

Guess some things you just have to order yourself and give it a go.

• Moderators
Been wearing for about 15 minutes now. One of the first things I have noticed is that compared to my BDU belt, I do not have to tighten the belt as tight in order to conceal well. Long term, this should be much more comfortable. Also, it is indeed very well. Might I also suggest that LaRue is one of the best companies out there? I received more free stuff from them than the last time I ordered from them! Admittedly, the BDU belt was nice and quick, but surely I will get used to the buckling system on this one. It sure looks mean! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [url="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1"]now Free[/url] Edited by CZ9MM
  • Moderators

Alright. Been wearing this belt since I received it this evening. With no doubt, it makes carrying even that much more comfortable. I tried High Noon Holster's Rock Steady (leather) belt, it was pretty good. Spec-Ops's cheap "Better BDU" belt was ok, much to flimsy and worked best when cinched to my quite tightly. The tightness caused it to be quite uncomfortable after a while. Although this belt does take a bit of time to put on, the Ares Ranger is by far the best belt I've ever owned. Would highly recommend. If the buckle seems unneeded or scares you away from purchasing, keep in mind that they have a "lite" version with a more traditional buckle.

Alright. Been wearing this belt since I received it this evening. With no doubt, it makes carrying even that much more comfortable. I tried High Noon Holster's Rock Steady (leather) belt, it was pretty good. Spec-Ops's cheap "Better BDU" belt was ok, much to flimsy and worked best when cinched to my quite tightly. The tightness caused it to be quite uncomfortable after a while. Although this belt does take a bit of time to put on, the Ares Ranger is by far the best belt I've ever owned. Would highly recommend. If the buckle seems unneeded or scares you away from purchasing, keep in mind that they have a "lite" version with a more traditional buckle.

Amen. Glad you are enjoying it. And Larue got it to ya quickly!
  • Moderators

Amen. Glad you are enjoying it. And Larue got it to ya quickly!

They sure did. They always do well and throw in so many extra goodies. This time they threw in their standard drink opener and dillo dust, but also an unexpected Larue Sniper DVD. Thought that was pretty cool. The only think I dislike about it is that if I drop another pants size then I fear I will not be able to wear the belt effectively unless I have my gear on. But I will have lots of room to shrink and still carry! WooHoo!