IF New Orleans floods

Guest nraforlife

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the people that live there want to rebuild GREAT. But no taxpayer money should go for iit. Just like the nuts in CA. that build on the side of a hill and get burned out or washed away. This is what insurance is for not a DAMM government handout.

I dont know, but I DO know they are planning better for riots and chaos this time around.

I am supplying equipment, kit, and firearms to security contractors that will be on the ground tonight in New Orleans.

Blackwater USA is digging deep to get enough personnel on the ground.

In other news, 20th SF Group has been alerted, and as of right now will be sending those that volunteered to be mobilized down to the Alabama coast.

If it gets really bad, those of us that didnt volunteer (myself included) will be involuntarily mobilized for that mission.

My prediction; its not going to be as bad as everyone thinks, the levy will hold, and all will be well.

I dont know, but I DO know they are planning better for riots and chaos this time around.

I am supplying equipment, kit, and firearms to security contractors that will be on the ground tonight in New Orleans.

Blackwater USA is digging deep to get enough personnel on the ground.

In other news, 20th SF Group has been alerted, and as of right now will be sending those that volunteered to be mobilized down to the Alabama coast.

If it gets really bad, those of us that didnt volunteer (myself included) will be involuntarily mobilized for that mission.

My prediction; its not going to be as bad as everyone thinks, the levy will hold, and all will be well.

And there will be dead looters in the streets if you are wrong.

FOH (Force on hand) may be be one situation. Utilization of that force might be another situation.

Point 1 - We tend to wimp out of the proper treatment of looters. Bad PR.

Point 2 - I didn't know we had so many people in the know here on TGO..........

If NO gets wiped I don't think you will see a big push to rebuild. Most of the people with money moved to the North Shore or Slidell. As for shipping, Mobile has made a big push in the last few years to develop itself as a large port so I don't think that would be a major driver. But politics being what they are you never know. Here we are three years later and they are still trying to bribe people into moving back.

Well, all but 3 of my family members are "bugging out" tonight. The ones that are staying behind are...

1. A State Senator

2. A person that works for Oshner.

3. An engineer with Shell.

All three have jobs that require them to be on the ground in that area should a hurricane hit. The rest are traveling at first about an hour and a half north. If it appears to do what it did last time with Katrina they will head out for Memphis.

(Not a big improvement from NO but at least there is family here.)

As for rebuilding - There are a lot of people that "buy in" to the way of life down there. IT is definitely something that you don't find every where and I think it is a great place to visit but I sure wouldn't want to live there.

Keep em in your prayers though. The majority of people I have met down there are good people.

Well, all but 3 of my family members are "bugging out" tonight. The ones that are staying behind are...

1. A State Senator

2. A person that works for Oshner.

3. An engineer with Shell.

All three have jobs that require them to be on the ground in that area should a hurricane hit. The rest are traveling at first about an hour and a half north. If it appears to do what it did last time with Katrina they will head out for Memphis.

(Not a big improvement from NO but at least there is family here.)

As for rebuilding - There are a lot of people that "buy in" to the way of life down there. IT is definitely something that you don't find every where and I think it is a great place to visit but I sure wouldn't want to live there.

Keep em in your prayers though. The majority of people I have met down there are good people.

Oschner medical center?

Heck, we owned that place. :-P

Guest bkelm18
Your tax dollars will pay for it

I didn't say anything about my taxes. Taxes get taken out of my check regardless of what happens. I'm not going to put any effort myself to rebuild.

I hope they get whipped completely out this go round.I have no sympathy for those who live down there in NO.If someone is damn dumb enough to sit around and wait for a hurricane to come in,and then use a stadium as a toilet then you deserve to be thinned out!

Sometimes you have to flush twice.

:lol: