IWB or OWB holster for your carry?

Guest jps37033

What type of holster? (most offen used)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What type of holster? (most offen used)

• Inside Waist Band
    • Outside Waist Band
    • In Pocket Holster
    • Back
    • Just hang loose in the pocket ( likes of the p32, lcp, etc; )

Guest jps37033

I am just curious as to a count/preferance of what ya'll use more for your carry? Also, what is a good recommended brand that has a good variety for an OWB with a high ride? Thanks

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jps37033

So far I have tried and liked the OWB best. But I noticed there is a "high ride" option that keeps it from peeking under a tshirt. The IWB was just too tight for me. Maybe about 10 years ago when I "sagged" :D all my britches, and my pants were way too big. LOL- But now I like my pants a snug 32 waist, and the OWB just feels better.

For IWB you will need pants a size larger. Some need more, but that is the deal with IWB. You will find that however you carry, you will have to pay attention to your clothing. Some things will work and other things won't. Just like a holster you will have to try a lot of different options till you find what works for you.

Whatever you decide you will need a good gun belt. It will make a huge differnce in how a holster fits.

Guest Boomhower

Each holster (IWB, OWB, SOB, ankle, pocket, etc.) serves it's own purpose. I use IWB more with my primary carry weapon because I prefer the deeper concealment most everywhere I go, but I like OWB better due to a litte more comfort. I also use a pocket holster daily for my BUG.....It's hard for me to vote on this one.

Guest Boomhower
For IWB you will need pants a size larger

Not true in my case.....jps, I'd suggest that if you go with IWB, you buy the holster and try it out before you go out and buy several new pairs of pants for carrying purposes.

IWB Comp Tac CTAC for my daily carry. A blackhawk IWB for my snub nose. My OWB Blackhawk Serpa is not used for the most part. Might use some more during the winter, but not sure if I will, didn't last year.

I traditionally carry IWB, better concealment. Anyone have suggestions for a good IWB for a CZ75 compact?:)

The same ones that work for everything else: Milt Sparks, Leather Arsenal, Blackhills Leather, Sam Andrews, Wild Bill, etc.

This is mine.

http://www.rossleather.com/Concealment_Holsters-Inside_Waistband_Holsters/c8_28/p233/M18S_Snap_On_Belt_Loop_Holster_No_Thumb_Break/product_info.html

While Ross's website has an $80+ pricetag, I got mine at a gunshop for $48.

The owner of our local firearms store uses this one. I tried his, I would use it if I wanted to go to OWB.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=82

Edited by bubbiesdad
More info spelling