Anyone considering a piston AR

whitewolf001

I have in the past considered a piston AR.  But the piston conversions introduce, in my opinion, more problems than they solve.  A better solution for me is an adjustable gas block.  A proper tuning makes it run cleaner, which is the only real complaint some people have about the direct impingement AR

Did you get one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Not yet but I've watched about EVERY review there is on YouTube for them and read everyone's reviews across the interwebs, including yours, whom all have nothing but praise for it. I WAS saving up for this and a few other things and had to dump that into stuff elsewhere unfortunately. But soon.....

I have in the past considered a piston AR.  But the piston conversions introduce, in my opinion, more problems than they solve.  A better solution for me is an adjustable gas block.  A proper tuning makes it run cleaner, which is the only real complaint some people have about the direct impingement AR

You didn't watch the video did you?.... The BCG is a longstroke piston which rides a steel rail JUST like an AK.

0000291_arak_21_bolt_carrier_700.jpeg

Edited by whitewolf001

You didn't watch the video did you?.... The BCG is a longstroke piston which rides a steel rail JUST like an AK.

No, you're right, I didn't until just now. I was just answering the thread subject in general terms.

That is a complete new design. I like it. Wonder how the accuracy compares to a DI?

No, you're right, I didn't until just now. I was just answering the thread subject in general terms.

That is a complete new design. I like it. Wonder how the accuracy compares to a DI?

I dunno, Dustbuster, I still have yet to see a range report of the ARAK-21 from ya, care to give your insight?

If I can get out to the long range After today I'll get one up. I had it out once at owl hollow right after I bought it and it worked fine,but I wasn't doing anything except getting it on paper.
Fwiw just saw a cool review on YouTube it's about 12 mins long. There's a link to it on arfcom Edited by Dustbuster

If I can get out to the long range After today I'll get one up. I had it out once at owl hollow right after I bought it and it worked fine,but I wasn't doing anything except getting it on paper.
Fwiw just saw a cool review on YouTube it's about 12 mins long. There's a link to it on arfcom

Yep, I read that one already, haha. What can I say? I've become a bit of a Faxon whore. :p