Saber Defense Uppers

If you know what these barrels went for before they went under(by which I mean got busted for doing a LOT of No-No's) then you know these are not only some of the most pricey barrels for AR's ever but some of the BEST. These are the chromoly vanadium barrels making the price of this upper a steal. 

http://shop.redxarms.com/16-SABRE-DEFENCE-TACTICAL-MID-LENGTH-CHROME-LINED-1-9-TWIST-16SABREMIDTAC.htm

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1
That is an excellent price in view of the barrel IMHO!

I have a 14.5 inch 1/7 twist chrome lined Sabre that is very accurate by my non scientific standards. A quick sampling of Sabre barrel threads on Arfcom would suggest their barrels were consistently of a high standard.

That is an excellent price in view of the barrel IMHO!

I have a 14.5 inch 1/7 twist chrome lined Sabre that is very accurate by my non scientific standards. A quick sampling of Sabre barrel threads on Arfcom would suggest their barrels were consistently of a high standard.

You mean this one? ;) http://shop.redxarms.com/145-SABRE-DEFENCE-TACTICAL-MID-LENGTH-CHROME-LINED-1-7-TWIST-145SABRETACTICAL.htm

Edited by whitewolf001

THEY MADE THOSE???!!!
1375928691761.jpg

Yes they did. They made uppers and complete M5 models in both direct impingement and piston. The pistons used a variant of the Adams Arms piston system. This was likely within a year of their demise as I recall.

I didn't need to see this thread.  Cost me $700, but I have been looking for a good 204 Ruger upper for quite some time.  As it includes the BCG and has a fairly expensive rail on it, I didn't think it was too bad.  I guess we'll see how it shoots.

http://shop.redxarms.com/24-FLUTED-SABRE-DEFENCE-204-RUGER-UPPER-1-12-WITH-BCG-CH-SABRE204UA.htm

Ooooo, I expect a range report soon! :)

OK! So, as promised, here are some potato pics of the receiver as it came, packaging, and where it lives, for now.

A man in a brown suit visits your office. He leaves this, you sign a strange pad. No words are exchanged.

20Mls4Z.jpg?1

Carefully opening your blade, you slice through the package's seams, revealing wadded paper. And one sheet that wasn't. Seems the packer got lazy. (in reality, it was very well packed, despite being the dreaded wadded paper. Enough to provide security from bouncing, not so much as to have paper spring forth from the box as I opened it.)

d9qH1oO.jpg?1

Digging through the wadded paper, you find a long object, wrapped in foam paper! Once again with the knife!

(Upper so fancy it has to be wrapped twice! So you have to unwrap it, and it still ain't open.)

SKOSAx9.jpg

After the tape holding the foam paper yeilds to your blade, you open it slowly to find this! A lonely barreled upper. So barren. So alone.

DQEicCc.jpg

So you dig through your spare parts, which you have had lying around for months now, and find it a mate! Now it's almost complete!

pd6e8Yn.jpg

Just need to get a bolt carrier group, shove it in there, and head to the range. Then we'll see how things work.

In other news, everything looks to be in good order. Nothing appears to have been beat to crap. Front sight taper pins probably could've been installed a bit further, but they're all the way through. we'll see what happens there.

If anyone has questions about certain areas, I'll do my best to answer. But I'm certainly no AR guru.

• Like 1

cj0e, you are correct, it is NOT a milspec A2 flash-hider, it is considerably longer and I think it's a Saber Defense FH but I could be wrong on that one. Djay3, is your flash hider longer than a A2 on your piston setup? I got one of the 16" 1/7's... They ALL seem to have that blemishing you speak of but meh, we got collectors items, lol. Also a nitride BCG is on the way from AIM for $99 along with a BCM Gunfighter Mod3 charging handle($45).

• Like 1

Well, I finally got home and today I got the parts to complete my lower for my new Sabre 204 Upper.  I grabbed one of the leftover CMT lowers and put a Geissele HS Match Trigger in it.  I have a scope ready for it, but I need to get some higher rings.  Hopefully, I'll have those by the weekend and I can get out to do some testing.

I must admit, a 26" barrel on an AR is loooonnnnggggg.

IMAGE_16.jpg

• Like 1