Browning B-92 .44mag Any Knowledge?

hotshot5231

So I recently picked up a browning .44mag B-92 on a trade and didn't know a ton about it but beginning to think its a pretty rare lever gun. Serial indicates it was made in 1980, wood and blueing are in excellent shape. Anybody have any idea the value/any other good general information on these rifles? Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I suppose what I meant by rare was that there is only 1 in .44 mag that I could find on gun broker and just a few in .357.. doesn't seem to be a lot of them on the market and I've never seen one at a range but I'd say they might be safe queens at this point Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

There's not "lots" of them... I have one in 44 mag myself... They were built by a japanese maker (...SKB i would bet...) for Browning... They are a true copy of the winchester 92 (...designed by John Browning, not Winchester...) and are very well finished... There evidently were more 44 mags than 357 mags...  Mine shoots like a dream...

Enjoy...

leroy

More 44mag than .357, .357 models bring ~1k or so if they're pristine. 44mag is more common, prices range 500-750, sometimes more, but not usually. Centennial editions, and box/paperwork are all bumps in price as well. These were made by Miroku for Browning.

I paid 440 for one a year and a half ago, but it's because the seller and I are friends. I've had offers north of 600 to buy it, but have passed on all. It's just too much fun to shoot. It will be one of the last I sell, if I ever have to.

• Like 1