ORSA USPSA Janurary 18th

Looks like that day may be clear for me to attend. I will take up anyone who can loan me a mag pouch/holster, as I do not have any of those. (anybody wanna volunteer one?)

I have 4 mags, which I imagine should be enough? I will convert back to the stock Glock 19 barrel. I will be there early to peper you guys wth a ton of "noob" questions.
My goal is to not make an ass of myself. (well, shooting safely is primary. Second is to not embarass myself)

Anything else that I should consider bringing besides beverage, cleaning kit & oil, and ammo?

Practicing my Fog Horn Leghorn voice for "Go away boy ya bother me" LOL!

I got an Uncle Mike's holster I'll see if I can find up.  Even if ya dont have a holster you can always bag and unbag at the start of each stage and start low ready, I think they still do that. But I'll see what I can dig up. You might have to fight Jimmy in a cage match for it before the match but at least it will be fun!

Looks like that day may be clear for me to attend. I will take up anyone who can loan me a mag pouch/holster, as I do not have any of those. (anybody wanna volunteer one?)

I have 4 mags, which I imagine should be enough? I will convert back to the stock Glock 19 barrel. I will be there early to peper you guys wth a ton of "noob" questions.
My goal is to not make an ass of myself. (well, shooting safely is primary. Second is to not embarass myself)

Anything else that I should consider bringing besides beverage, cleaning kit & oil, and ammo?

Yeah just shoot limited that way you dont have to worry about planning mag changes and stuff with only 10 rounds.  A long course is never over 32 rounds.....but that doesn't count all the misses. I'm firmly in the camp of " I can't shoot for shit so I come to the line with 61 rounds".

jaxjohn;

Eyes and Ears...vision and hearing protection.

A sturdy belt to support holster and mag pouches...I have a few extra holsters and mag pouches for the Glock 19.

Cash for the fee...IIRC $15.00 for non-member...$10.00 for ORSA member.

Open Mind and a Sense of Humor.

Cleaning kit and oil? You clean a Glock??? Seriously?  :cool:

OK OK...I cleaned my once...I think. Dropping it in a mud puddle counts...

Brasil and I should be there around 0900-0915.

I don't know much about this USPSA stuff so the other guys will have to help out of that side of things...but there's shooting involved so it'll be fun! :up:

(well, shooting safely is primary. Second is to not embarass myself)

Shoot safely first, everything else will fall into place after that.

If we didn't all embarass ourselves it wouldn't be any fun. :D

I'll bring some extra holsters too. I have an extra belt that goes from 38-44 if you need it. Edited by BrasilNuts

There's gotta be a story there Rickey. :popcorn:

jaxjohn;

There is a "plinking range", but unless you're a member you have to come out as a guest (accompanied).

And since there's no shooting allowed before 0900 there simply wouldn't be enough time before the match.

Are you having functional concerns about your handgun?

no functional issues. just thought it might settle any nervousness to send some lead out beforehand...

I appreciate what you're saying jaxjohn. But not to worry good sir.

You'll do fine. Just remember we are all there to enjoy the sport and you, imho, should only be concerned with competing against yourself (my personal goal).

Be safe, listen to the S.O., take all the time you need, be safe (theme here), and enjoy.

Despite all the carrying on and good natured ribbing, the folks at the matches are very supportive and welcoming of new folks, and a wealth of solid information...heck...they don't even treat me that bad. :pleased:

OK, This match was a heck of a lot of fun.

My appreciation to the folks that put all the effort into setting this up and making it work. :up:

It was great to shoot with my buds Brasil & Spiffy...Shoot with Daniel for the first time...meet jaxjohn (welcome aboard buddy) and the other great folks in the squad.

Clear skies and sunshine...a bit cold to start..but a great day!

I'm looking forward to the next one for sure. :pleased: