Who here likes the big bores?

KahrMan

There is just something primal about touching off a round that leaves a big ole hole. I gets me all fired up when I am out shooting them. Here is what I have in the big bores:

Ruger African in .375 Ruger - some consider the .375 Ruger/.375 H&H to be medium bore rounds but I consider them the starting point for big bores. My .375 Ruger delivers 2840fps and 4835 ft-lbs at the muzzle with a 270gr bullet.

Marlin 1895 in 45-70 - older cartridge but still leaves a big hole. It produces 1790 fps and 2158 ft-lbs with a 325gr bullet.

The big daddy of them all:

Armalite AR-50 in 50 bmg it produces 2910 fps and 12,500 ft-lbs with a 699gr bullet.

So who else here likes shooting big bores and what do you shoot?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up at Louisville working went out to Knob Creek for a looksee nice shop they have a Browning A-bolt in 416 mag. It's been around but looks sound 595.00 not bad I,d like to come back up with a little trade. That new Ruger African 375 is a beauty.

Guest preruntn

Oh Hell Yea!!!

Definitly love the big bores. I have a Rolling Block with a 28" octagon barrel in 45-70. Always a ton of fun. Got to shoot it at the sihlouette's at Ben Avery Range in Phoenix, AZ. Man, that was fun!

Also have a 1911 thats far and away my favorite handgun.

Theres just no substitute for lobbing big chunks and leaving big holes.:usa:

Eric

Guest preruntn

A friend of mine has a .458 socom. I dont think he would let it go for any amount of money(well, sort of). It absolutley whomps anything it hits and its a simple build in the reloading press.

Originally, he was pretty torn between a .308 or the .458. Now, the only time the .308 comes up in conversation is when he's describing how good the .458 is. Definitly a great gun.

Eric