Murray, KY gunshow last weekend

Since RK cancelled Hendersonville and given the fact that Goodman is past my gag limit, I have started looking for other shows nearby.

Saturday, I went to the Midwestpromotions show at the armory in Murray, KY.  It was a small venue but absolutely packed with vendors and attendees.  There were some reasonable prices on guns and three tables of reloading equipment.  It also had the 'feel' that gunshows used to have before they turned into flea markets.

Midwest is doing another show in Paducah on Feb 8-9.  I may go to that one.  If not I will go to the show at  Dixon that weekend.  It has been getting better.

I am thinking about Shelbyville this weekend.  Does anyone care to rate it?

FFL Transfer for handguns

Actually, FFL transfer on all guns.  It's just that you can do a long gun at an FFL in KY and a handgun must be sent to TN.  No personal transfers out of state without an FFL in one or the other depending on the type of gun.

Edited by Hozzie

Midwest is doing another show in Paducah on Feb 8-9.  I may go to that one.  If not I will go to the show at  Dixon that weekend.  It has been getting better.

If it is the one at the flea market at exit 16, it isn't very big.  My parents only live 15 minutes or so from there so if I am there I will go, but I wouldn't drive an hour to go to it.   

[quote name="Hozzie" post="1103001" timestamp="1391008685"]Actually, FFL transfer on all guns. It's just that you can do a long gun at an FFL in KY and a handgun must be sent to TN. No personal transfers out of state without an FFL in one or the other depending on the type of gun.[/quote] THIS ^^^^^^^^ And one reason that Having a c&r ffl is of great benefit in permitting the buying eligible guns out of state through a personal sale

RE:  Milsurps

I have not seen a milsurp at a reasonable price since I bought my Naval luger from S.Kein and sons, via mailorder, in 1965, for $39.99.  I bought a high number 1903 for $29.99 the following year.

Buying a new Ruger American rifle or Savage Axis makes more sense than spending $300 on a rusty mauser in a non-walmart caliber.

Here's another question. I live here in TN a few miles from the KY state line. Now there's a gun shop about 15 minutes away in KY that I visit sometimes. I was in there the other day & asked about transfer & shipping cost to my FFL where I live. They told me that there's no shipping fee. He said that after I buy the pistol my local FFL drives & picks up the pistols & brings it back to TN to complete the transfer. Sometimes they deliver it by hand to my LGS. They do this a lot, but is it legal?

Edited by luvmyberetta

Here's another question. I live here in TN a few miles from the KY state line. Now there's a gun shop about 15 minutes away in KY that I visit sometimes. I was in there the other day & asked about transfer & shipping cost to my FFL where I live. They told me that there's no shipping fee. He said that after I buy the pistol my local FFL drives & picks up the pistols & brings it back to TN to complete the transfer. Sometimes they deliver it by hand to my LGS. They do this a lot, but is it legal?

Yes, between ffl's that's perfectly legal.