M&P40c SKU numbers??

DaveTN

I’m thinking about getting an M&P 40c. I want one with a magazine disconnect, no internal lock, and a standard 6.5 lb trigger pull.

These are the SKU numbers from the S&W web site. It appears to me that the 109203 is what I want, but the “California Compliant†is kind of scary. :lol:

Anyone know what that means?

.40 S&W M&P Compact Pistols

109003: 10 Rd, Mag Safety, Int Lock, Std Sights, 2 Mags

109203: 10 Rd, Mag Safety, Std Sights, 2 Mags (California Compliant)

109253: 10 Rd, Mag Safety, 10 lb Trig., Std Sights, 2 Mags

109303: 10 Rd, Std Sights, 2 Mags

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I don't think Cal compliant means anything more than external safety, 10rd mag, and maybe mag disconnect (not sure on that one) safety. it's also got to be submitted my the manufacturer to the cal DOJ, as RISC said, and drop tested an such for ADs and whatever else they do. No scary other things AFAIK, so I would think the 109203 is the one you want. Have you emailed smith&wesson?

Dave, I don't think Cal compliant means anything more than external safety, 10rd mag, and maybe mag disconnect (not sure on that one) safety. it's also got to be submitted my the manufacturer to the cal DOJ, as RISC said, and drop tested an such for ADs and whatever else they do. No scary other things AFAIK, so I would think the 109203 is the one you want. Have you emailed smith&wesson?

I know they have put external safeties on some of the .45’s, but on the 40 Compacts?

Have you emailed smith&wesson?

No, that takes a few days and I am ready to buy right now. :up:

Guest canynracer
Based on SKU descriptions, the 109203 is what you want. CA compliant requires their Dep't of Justice to certify allowed handguns per their firing, safety, and drop tests.

link

This is correct...

BTW...Great choice Dave, I have one, but I have no disconnect or internal lock....

Edited by canynracer

The last time you had one in your hand, did you notice or look somewhat close at the trigger for the small hinge point and catch? That's their trigger safety, if I'm reading and understanding you correctly. And the trigger pull felt in the 5 lb. range to you?

The main point (at least to me) about CA compliance is the mag capacity limit.

edit:

They list two .40 M&Ps and two .45 M&Ps, though with no SKU numbers. The .40s don't specify compact or not. One lists "mag safety" (expires 5/18/09), the other lists "mag safety/internal lock" (expires 11/30/08). Too bad their list when searched isn't more specific.

Found it - M&P 40c "mag safety" exp. 1/31/09.

* Didn't know they limit one handgun purchase per thirty days. *

Edited by RISC777
Guest canynracer

More info for CA compliant: http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaApprovalInformation

California Handgun List

The California Bureau of Firearms maintains a list of handguns certified for sale within the state. This impacts only the sale of new or used firearms from licensed dealers, not the sale of used firearms in private party transfers. The list is viewable online at http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/.

The certification process involves a number of drop tests (generally onto concrete from various heights), and any handgun which discharges itself when dropped is considered to have failed the test. This is why the handgun roster is also known as the "drop-test list". Each 'listing' is valid for (I think) a year, and there is no uniform "drop-off date" for handguns. This results in some guns falling off the list in one month, others falling off in another. As of January 1st 2007, no new handgun may be submitted for drop-testing (and thus cannot be added to the list) unless it is equipped with both a magazine disconnect safety and a loaded chamber indicator. Existing handguns which are not thus equipped may be renewed, but these requirements apply going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
BTW...Great choice Dave, I have one, but I have no disconnect or internal lock....

Well then that settles it; I’m going to have to have one also. :death:

But I want the mag disconnect so it looks like it might take a little while to find one.