IWB Holster Recommendations

Guest VolGrad

Funny you guys mentioned recent issues with Comp-Tac. I am also a HUGE fan of their products and previously of their service. I have noticed a change recently too. I think the way someone previously described it as "outgrowing their infrastructure" is a perfect way to describe it. It seems their stellar products have made them so busy/popular that they are experiencing some growing pains. I am not holding it against them as I do feel they are doing what they can to right themselves. It is the little things I have noticed - fewer e-mail notices, no tracking number being issued (unless you want to pay for that service), charging for a mount on an Infidel (what is that all about), etc.

Anyway, back on topic ... following are my favorite IWB holsters, in no particular order. My preference really depends on the particular pistol model being carried and/or my attire for the day.

Leather

Milt Sparks VMII

Andrews Custom Leather McDaniel II

Southern Holsters Memphis (top is not reinforced, only huge down side)

Kydex

Comp-Tac all the way

... MTAC

... CTAC

... Infidel

... Two O'Clock (appendix carry)

edited for formatting.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to hear they are having the problems, glad to hear they are working to correct it, happy to say I have not experienced it on the last two orders from them over the last 3 months, one was for the attachment bolts that I lost, and the other was for the Vclips, both of which were small inexpensive items to say the least, I got multiple emails on both, had the stuff in my hands within a week. Here's to hoping they get anything fixed :eek:

Guest Verbal Kint

As a follow-up to my last post... the C-Clips that they sent out (on their dime, I might add) should be here today. So clearly they are trying to make things right, when they goof up.

The initial situation was less than ideal, but their attention in this matter points back at their awesome customer service. :eek:

Now, if they can just get their CS and Production/Shipping folks on the same page...

Guest Verbal Kint

C-Clips arrived with Smarties included. Mmmm... Smarties... :D

Too bad my 3 yr old daughter ninja'd them (just like my wife does half the time) before I could stake a claim on them.

Just finished cutting the new mounts down in length and rounding the edges, before installing them, as I did to the standard clips. Couldn't be happier with the final result.

I tried the original C-Clips back on my first MTAC for a 1911, but didn't really like them. They were just too bulky... then again all the mounting clips, back then, were big and bulky. The newer, slimmer, improved model C-Clips kick butt. Damn near invisible and seem just as secure (more so, IMO, due to the design) than the standard clips. Highly recommend that you give them a try if you've been on the fence about them before.

Once again, Comp-Tac rocks. :D

Photo of current setup:

DSC00303.jpg

Edited by Verbal Kint
Momma says t-t-t-typos are the debil.
Guest eyebedam

Nice set up Verbal. In defense of comp-tac. This last Hurricane really put a hurt on there shop they were working in. I got a couple emails from them stating they were working with power from generators only. It looks like there on there way to where they were before hand.

C-Clips arrived with Smarties included. Mmmm... Smarties... :D

Too bad my 3 yr old daughter ninja'd them (just like my wife does half the time) before I could stake a claim on them.

Just finished cutting the new mounts down in length and rounding the edges, before installing them, as I did to the standard clips. Couldn't be happier with the final result.

I tried the original C-Clips back on my first MTAC for a 1911, but didn't really like them. They were just too bulky... then again all the mounting clips, back then, were big and bulky. The newer, slimmer, improved model C-Clips kick butt. Damn near invisible and seem just as secure (more so, IMO, due to the design) than the standard clips. Highly recommend that you give them a try if you've been on the fence about them before.

Once again, Comp-Tac rocks. :)

Photo of current setup:

DSC00303.jpg

Those C Clips kick my current C lips but, mine are the older, fatter and the lip goes straight out instead of making the curve down or up. I actually heated and bent mine so they would "snap" to the belt I use.

Speaking of belts, I just got my belt back from being velcro'd. Crazy russion shoe repair guy is slow, actually busy. I walk in and he says something like "ahhh holster velcro guy" or something like that. We discussed permits and carrying, where and where you could not.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I wore a cheap belt while the velcro was being sewn in and it SUCKS, no support, sagging, general uncomfortablness. Get a good belt, kthxbye.

Edited by db99wj
Guest Verbal Kint

Edit: Forgot to mention, I wore a cheap belt while the velcro was being sewn in and it SUCKS, no support, sagging, general uncomfortablness. Get a good belt, kthxbye.

Most definitely. I have one of TheBeltMan's belts, with plans to order an additional one very soon.

Comp-Tac + TheBeltMan = WIN

True story. :D

Guest VolGrad

I haven't tried the C clips yet. I like the newly designed C clips you have there. I might give them a go.

I actually don't like the new Std ones. I much prefer the old fat Std ones.