Four items, pay it forward

zgunbear

Four items

I just had my faith in humanity restored, if for just a little while.
I have a lot on my mind with my wife's upcoming surgery and my dad's fight with pancreatic cancer. Needless to say I have a lot on my mind.

I stopped at the grocery store to pick up just a few ingredients to cook dinner with.
I went to the express lane because I only had four items.
A lady and her daughter were in front of me. I was staring off into space and I heard the lady say, "put his on my bill."
I guess I looked at her like she had three heads and tried to tell her she didn't need to do that
The lady replied, "We are doing a random act of kindness. We are paying it forward. Some one did it for us now we are doing it for you."
I just about broke down there and manged to say thank you to her and her daughter. I told them about Suzanne's surgery and dad's cancer and tried to tell her how much this meant. However my mouth and tongue did not want to work and my eyes got a little watery.

It was such a humbling experience for a total stranger to do that. It was not the dollar amount because the four items were less than $10.00. It was just the fact that she did it.

It was such a simple thing for her to do but it touched me today in an unique way.
I need to look around and realize there are so many little random acts of kindness I could and should do everyday.

Pay it forward, you will never know how much it touches the person you reach out to.

• Like 14

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.