Got 22 at Smyrna Academy!! Also, cheap(ish) 45 fmj in stock!

IMG_20140303_165630_518_zps1343ec48.jpg

YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Got 2 boxes of Federal 38gr copper plated HP for $3.99 ea.  They still had about a dozen boxes left at 4:45, but they didn't expect it to last another 30 mins.  They told me they got 8 of the 1,400rd Bucket O' Bullets in today, and they lasted til just after 10am.  I was a bit miffed 'cuz I begged wifey to visit the store this morning since she (teacher) had the day off.  She didn't go.  :squint:

Oh well.  I'm not a .45 man, but I know many are.  They had Monarch 230gr fmj brass for $18.99/50.  That's good even by Wal-Mart standards, IMHO. 

IMG_20140303_164853_381_zps0e71b38b.jpg

Also, as many may already know, they price dropped their DRT ammo by $3-5/box across all calibers. I think 9mm was $15.99/20 and 40 was $16.99/20.  I'm tempted, but I'm just not sold on lightweight frangible whiz-bang ammo.  Instead, I grabbed the last two boxes of Federal 9mm 147gr FTX for $17.99/25.

Happy ammo hunting!!

• Like 4
I dunno why I get so excited... I've got enough 22 for a decade or more myself. (All bought way before Newtown, thank you very much!) However, I keep an eye out for friends and family who didn't have stock on hand before the panic hit. It's kind of a rush seeing it out in the wild now! These boxes will go to my nephews in KY, ages 6 and 8.
  • Like 1

I dunno why I get so excited... I've got enough 22 for a decade or more myself. (All bought way before Newtown, thank you very much!) However, I keep an eye out for friends and family who didn't have stock on hand before the panic hit. It's kind of a rush seeing it out in the wild now! These boxes will go to my nephews in KY, ages 6 and 8.

I've got a fairly healthy supply, I just keep buying it out of habit when I see it.

It was hard to find there for awhile, but 9/10 times I go out, I come back with something. Stopped waiting for wallyworld resellers to he tired a long time ago, likewise on the value packs. I've scored I think just the one 325 round tin in the last year, I've put away thousands getting my daily limit on 50 - 100 round boxes from LGS.

22 is out there...

I went to Smyrna Academy today to pick up a holster and came out with 2 boxes of 22 as a bonus. Also got 100 rounds of 9mm. I wasn't asking about the 22's but overheard one of the sales guys tell someone he had them. 3 others did too so we all got our quota. I'll be giving my 2 boxes to my cousin who just began shooting and needs them worse than I do.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in St. Cloud MN at a Walmart right now out in the truck waiting to deliver a load in the morning. I took a stroll through the sporting goods section earlier and they had tons of 9mm and .45. I scored one box of Federal 550 at Gander Mountain in Amarillo last week. One good thing about going all around the country I guess.
  • Like 1