300 blackout...almost ready

So I've decided start reloading 300 blackout for my yet to be completed TGO build. Still need a barrel, a hand guard, and a dust cover. It will be shot without a suppressor until more funds are available.

20131206_144840_zps94cbf5d7.jpg

These are my starting components.

2000 inert 308 tracers. 142 grain I think. I need to weigh some and see for sure. Several once fired 223 brass casings.

20140307_193054_zps86208734.jpg

100 Hornady 208 grain match
100 Hornady 180 grain interbond
100 Hornady 178 grain A-max
60 pulled 147 grain NATO

20140307_193138_zps8ad282bc.jpg

8 lbs of H -110 and 4 lbs of IMR 4227
20140307_193244_zps610498b1.jpg

What else should I be looking for and what dies should I get.

Edited by z0mbies fear me
  • Like 1
Or if you have the equipment, skills or a friend to show you how you can build your own. Making a decent suppressor isn't hard at all. It gets a lot more tricky when you are getting close to commercial dB numbers.

I seen people who made useable suppressors for 308's using exhaust pipe and freeze plugs. Heck, Red Jacket used freeze plugs in a lot of their Suppressors.

You could build a very nice can for under $200 in materials. I will be building one soon out of titanium, 17-4SS and 316SS and my total cost will be under $200.

Getting approval to build is identical to buying one already made. You could do the paperwork, send it off and then buy materials while waiting for approval. It would be less than $20 a month while you wait.

Or if you have the equipment, skills or a friend to show you how you can build your own. Making a decent suppressor isn't hard at all.

I have been reading a lot about building suppressors on here and a few other sites. I may go this route. By trade I'm a pipe fitter so getting material to build it with will be pretty easy. I can get access to a couple of machine shops pretty easily. I guess I really just need to quit procrastinating and fill out some paperwork.
Guest semiautots

Here is what I plan on building:
1625suppressorfinalversion_zps4a7c3677.p

There will be some minor changes as I go along. I can build up to a 12" can but if will likely be 10". The blast chamber vents into the area between the inner and outer tube. Then any gasses left over will be handled by the K baffles.

That looks like a nice blueprint.  Do you think you'll get more back blast out of that design?