has anyone seen this non-sense ?

tercel89

The first part of my statement is actually true.  Watch the video.  The gun fires from him pulling on the string.  His hand is NOT on the grip.  

The second half of my statement was merely intended as humor.  

PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO!  See with your own eyes how this happened.  Grip safety, thumb safety, any kind of safety (in the on position) would have stopped this from happening.  

There you go again... paying more attention than the rest of us :)

• Like 1
[quote name="Capbyrd" post="1124061" timestamp="1394723879"]The first part of my statement is actually true. Watch the video. The gun fires from him pulling on the string. His hand is NOT on the grip. The second half of my statement was merely intended as humor. PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO! See with your own eyes how this happened. Grip safety, thumb safety, any kind of safety (in the on position) would have stopped this from happening. [/quote] I get that. Here's the question: who reholsters without gripping the grip of the pistol? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get that. Here's the question: who reholsters without gripping the grip of the pistol? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get that.  Here's my question: DO YOU REALIZE THAT I AM ONLY TRYING TO MAKE A HUMOROUS COMMENT ABOUT THE VIDEO THAT WAS POSTED? 

I don't think the guy in the video actually realized what was happening.  He tried to holster his firearm and wouldn't seat completely.  He realizes that the drawstring is inside the holster as well so he pulls on the string to get it out of the way.  My assumption is that after he does that, he intends to push the gun the rest of the way in.  Instead, the pull tab is caught in the trigger guard and the weight of the gun causes an ND.  

It doesn't friggin matter how you holster your weapon if this happens some other way.  HIS HAND WASN'T ON THE GUN AT ALL! 

Edited by Capbyrd
[quote name="Capbyrd" post="1124076" timestamp="1394725204"]I get that. Here's my question: DO YOU REALIZE THAT I AM ONLY TRYING TO MAKE A HUMOROUS COMMENT ABOUT THE VIDEO THAT WAS POSTED? [/quote] Apparently not. I didnt pick up the sarcasm. I took your comment at face value to mean that the pistol design is responsible for stupid people being stupid. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Accidental discharges are the reason I started buying/carrying used KEL-TECs. If it does happen to me I can just drop it at the feet of the person next to me and back away slowly while pointing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]

In the police academy we had an additional firearms class that covered off duty conceal carry. We were taught to cut the draw strings off of all of our jackets. Apparently it's a common occurrence. This police chief obviously did not receive this training or information.

I would imagine that most law enforcement agencies only focus on OWB & on-duty carry training. I also believe it is commonly taught to keep your eyes on an assailant and never look down to re-holster.

Unlike yall, I will be honest and say that it is something I never would have given a thought to if I hadn't been told.

1. Lots of new police officers have little to no firearms training/experience and were only taught and trained on an OWB platform whereas most of us started carrying IWB as soon as we got our carry permits. It would make sense for most of us to have thought it through a little more than some Joe blow issued equipment for his new job. My first experience and training with a firearm was when I was 20.5 years old in the police academy in a state where carry permits are NOT issued.

2. I bet you didn't wear your new favorite jacket during your police firearms training in June & July, lol.