Hello, Fellow Tennessee Gun Owners!

Guest MrCuddlez69

Guest MrCuddlez69

I've lived here in this great state all my life. I've just recently obtained my HCP (Handgun Carry Permit)! I'm prior Army (230th Signal Company, FTW!) with an honorable discharge. Now, with me being new to the laws of having an HCP, I need a little guidance on where, in public, I can take my firearm. I've done a little research, but I have been unable to find out if a few supermarkets in my area, (La Vergne), allow permit holders to carry inside their stores. I know Wal-Mart does as long as it's concealed, but Kroger and Publix, the information is uncertain. If anyone out there has more guidance, that would be appreciated!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lowbuster
Welcome from east tn

Check out the home page threads. There is a wealth of info there under each one. When I joined I learned a lot there.
Welcome. I'm certain that someone will be along shortly and give a link to carry laws in a bit. Handgunlaw.us has good information as well as links to local state sites. I frequent Publix myself and have had no issue (I only carry concealed fwiw). Walmarts are apparently posted by area/region as some have posted on here. Some are and some are not. My local store isn't as I saw a couple of locals open carry this past Sunday. Enjoy TGO, bunch of nice folks behind keyboards on here.
Guest sigequinox

Are posted signs simply suggestions or legally binding? For example, here in CT other than state and federal buildings where it is illegal by law to carry, everywhere else is good to go. If a super market has a sign it would not have any legal authority to deny you (in CT).

The post office gets really annoying. I go fairly often (few times a week) and unholstering my gun to throw it in the lockbox because I'm mailing a box is super annoying/insulting. I wonder how many babies and puppies are still alive today because of that law?

Guest sigequinox

Can you explain this part?

It's hyperbolic sarcasm regarding the gun control dialogue up north. You know, like suspending an elementary school for eating his poptart into the "L" shape of a gun silhouette...it's for the children. The politicians and news try to make it sound like guns have a mind of their own and are just disasters waiting to happen.

Edited by sigequinox

Can you explain this part?

Basically if you listen to some of these idiot politicians up here they will tell you guns run around killing babies and kittens all on their own.

On the local forums up here comments like that are pretty standard and everyone gets them.

Here is an example of the stupid up here. This one thinks incendiary bullets are magic heat seeking bullets.

http://youtu.be/nNsCM2WYu7U Edited by OH UNCLE PAUL
Guest theconstitutionrocks

Are posted signs simply suggestions or legally binding? For example, here in CT other than state and federal buildings where it is illegal by law to carry, everywhere else is good to go. If a super market has a sign it would not have any legal authority to deny you (in CT).

The post office gets really annoying. I go fairly often (few times a week) and unholstering my gun to throw it in the lockbox because I'm mailing a box is super annoying/insulting. I wonder how many babies and puppies are still alive today because of that law?

In CT it doesn't matter what the "laws" are...they make them up on a whim regardless of their legality/constitutionality. Wouldn't be suprised to see someone arrested in a "carry permitted" area, just because LE "can"...anyone else see the video of that a****** Malloy telling the citizen "his side lost" the "assault weapons" appeal?