Another guy from NY

Well to be frank, I'd rather not be any part of the "squeal thing" Bloomy might like it... Just for future reference I call the other guy Cumhoe.  

I really need to find another thread so I can at least get a 1 post count.

Start a thread about where to live in Tenn.  I need some post counts too.  And some good info!

To add to my original post.

My family and perhaps another one or two are looking to move down there when we retire in about 5 years. We are looking to get a nice piece of property that has a source of water on it and build some houses far enough away from each other so we can only see each other with a pair of binoculars.

We don't want to change a thing, we want to acclimate to our new area and enjoy what we should have now.

• Like 1

Is everyone leaving Long Island?

We are trying, or at least the ones who can. What was once a great place to live, has changed into a nightmare.

My property tax is over $12,000 a year for a 75'x 100' property. Albany is making us subjects and not citizens.

The scum from NYC is spreading.  It is only going to get worse.

I have fought the fight every way I can and I now know all is lost.

I want to feel what I did in the past and enjoy the rest of my life, and leave my kids a place to raise a family, the way it should be.

Ok, so what's with the manly dog?

My dog that was the best dog anyone could ever have. We had to put her down last year. 14 years to the day my wife brought her home as a puppy.

She had more spirit than any dog I ever knew.

I miss her more than some people that I know.

[quote name="OH UNCLE PAUL" post="1128136" timestamp="1395449106"]To add to my original post. My family and perhaps another one or two are looking to move down there when we retire in about 5 years. We are looking to get a nice piece of property that has a source of water on it and build some houses far enough away from each other so we can only see each other with a pair of binoculars. I don't think they have that much land in the greater Memphis area, and rest of the state has met it's quota.

[quote name="OH UNCLE PAUL" post="1128136" timestamp="1395449106"]To add to my original post.

My family and perhaps another one or two are looking to move down there when we retire in about 5 years. We are looking to get a nice piece of property that has a source of water on it and build some houses far enough away from each other so we can only see each other with a pair of binoculars.

I don't think they have that much land in the greater Memphis area, and rest of the state has met it's quota.

If you quote a post as well as you survey land, I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of thousands of acres empty.

I hope you don't get pissed at my post. I took it as you busting my chops and my coming back.

My dog that was the best dog anyone could ever have. We had to put her down last year. 14 years to the day my wife brought her home as a puppy.

She had more spirit than any dog I ever knew.

I miss her more than some people that I know.

That's sad.  Hurts to lose those you love. 

She looks like a bitchin' fries (bichon frise)?  Smart ones, they are.

Edited by sigmtnman

If you quote a post as well as you survey land, I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of thousands of acres empty.

I hope you don't get pissed at my post. I took it as you busting my chops and my coming back.

he's bustin your chops, but really, memphis is nice.

In the rear view mirror. 

• Like 3

That's sad.  Hurts to lose those you love. 

She looks like a bitchin' fries?  Smart ones, they are.

Smart and spiteful, for a small dog she kicked ass and took no names. She used to try to alpha me.

It usually ended with her having her own cheeseburger.

Especially towards the end.

8144A1FF-DCE2-4D50-AC3B-073E74742690-243

Smart and spiteful, for a small dog she kicked ass and took no names. She used to try to alpha me.

It usually ended with her having her own cheeseburger.

Especially towards the end.

8144A1FF-DCE2-4D50-AC3B-073E74742690-243

Great pic.

Except is there is a problem, mine will be in with references.

Does friends who live in Kentucky count?

If you're looking to marry your own kin perhaps...

Guest sigequinox

Like this?

sheepheels.jpg

That image is going to be burned into the gelatinous mass of cells in my brain for eternity.

Cleans up pretty good, doesn't he? :)

fantastic reply. literally startled my wife I laughed so loudly so abruptly.