GSSF Match - Music City Tactical Shooters

Music City Tactical Shooters is hosting the Music City Shootout IV this May 17th and May 18th. Onsite registration can take place at the range by Glock from 9-3 on Saturday and 9-2 on Sunday. You can enter in as many as 7 entries. This is the only GSSF match in TN this year and Glock gives away more than they take in for entries. There is a prelim entry of 320ish total entries estimated by Glock. Hope to see you there!!!!

For rules and expectations: www.gssfonline.com

Great fun shot first time a couple yeas ago,and now check for one on my way to other cities to shoot in if driving. A couple of

things for new shooters ,bring 100 rds ammo per event. You may not need it all but have it and another 100 per another event.

Try to bring at least 3 mags ,one will do but three will save You a lot of time.   Sign up for all three stages in the one event

right away and get on the board it will keep You from waiting for people that signed up after You.  First time questions ask

the person behind or near You and they will fill You in on best way to do it.  Bring about three mags worth of ammo and You

can shoot the practice plates for a couple dollars,great practice before You start event or while waiting for next stage.

Bring cold water food ,hat@Off Spray. Have fun.

They also have a Glock Armorer at each match and they will put gun back to new springs and all free of charge. Your

GSSF Membership will also allow You to purchase M1 Garands and Ammo shipped direct to Your house

from the   CMP.

Edited by Will
Just got off of the phone and email with Glock GSSF reps. As of now, we will be running 3/3/3 (3 Plates, 3 Glock M's, and 3 Five to Glocks) setups. We are looking forward to seeing them again. Great match for all types of shooters.

My 16-yr old daughter is really struggling learning to shoot my G21 for this match (I know - well, duh!).  She's done pretty well in the past with my G30 and .22LR conversion kit, but the 230gr full power hardball is inducing quite a flinch for her and making this not very fun.  I'm afraid all I have are .45's.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare 9mm Glock they'd be willing to share with her for the match?  I'd bring factory ammo and pay a reasonable rental fee if you're willing.  She'd like to give this a try, but I don't want the experience to be so frustrating and punishing for her she never wants to shoot again.

My 16-yr old daughter is really struggling learning to shoot my G21 for this match (I know - well, duh!).  She's done pretty well in the past with my G30 and .22LR conversion kit, but the 230gr full power hardball is inducing quite a flinch for her and making this not very fun.  I'm afraid all I have are .45's.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare 9mm Glock they'd be willing to share with her for the match?  I'd bring factory ammo and pay a reasonable rental fee if you're willing.  She'd like to give this a try, but I don't want the experience to be so frustrating and punishing for her she never wants to shoot again.

I make it a point to bring every Glock model with me to these events for those individuals to try(before buying method). She is welcome to any of them of her choice. I will be happy to provide the ammo also for her.

You sir, are the man - thank you! Is there a particular time we should come that would be easier for you? I know you'll have a lot going on this weekend and don't want to add to your stress at the busiest time.

It does not matter the time. I will make time for you and your daughter. I will also provide some ammo for the practice bay so she can sight in the weapon of her choice.
Thank you again! And thanks to CatsEye for jumping on the bandwagon. If you prefer she shoot your ammo (being a known quantity) I understand, but I don't mind bringing factory ammo if it would help even the slightest bit. The practice bay would be perfect - I told her about your offer, and her first question was "can I try it first before I have to shoot it in the match?"

In her mind this match is hard and heavy competition, and altough she'd never admit it she is afraid of showing up and looking like she doesn't know what she's doing. I've tried to reassure her how friendly and helpful everyone always is and that the day is about having fun and being safe instead of "competition". Thanks again for helping me prove that to her -

Thank you again! And thanks to CatsEye for jumping on the bandwagon. If you prefer she shoot your ammo (being a known quantity) I understand, but I don't mind bringing factory ammo if it would help even the slightest bit. The practice bay would be perfect - I told her about your offer, and her first question was "can I try it first before I have to shoot it in the match?"
In her mind this match is hard and heavy competition, and altough she'd never admit it she is afraid of showing up and looking like she doesn't know what she's doing. I've tried to reassure her how friendly and helpful everyone always is and that the day is about having fun and being safe instead of "competition". Thanks again for helping me prove that to her -

I have plenty for her, no matter how much she needs. It is completely my pleasure in helping her. She can try multiple kinds of weapons. We want her to have a fun, relaxed time at the event. There is no pressure involved except what she puts on herself. Andrea(1st lady Master at GSSF or 1st Junior Lady Master, I can't remember) will be there so if she would like, I can put her with Andrea and she would be happy to help your daughter. Edited by HOGNUT
I am not worried about ammo for your daughter to shoot. Save that money and buy her a 9mm pistol (in case she does not win one at random prize drawing) or holster so she can starting shooting with you for family quality time.
Let me talk to her about Andrea. She may be intimidated by shooting with someone that good (no matter how nice and helpful she is!). If Sunday is usually a slower day we may come out then. I'll see what she wants to do and go easy. I'm all excited about this, but the last thing I want to do is pressure her and make this something she "has" to do.

Thanks again for all your help -

Let me talk to her about Andrea. She may be intimidated by shooting with someone that good (no matter how nice and helpful she is!). If Sunday is usually a slower day we may come out then. I'll see what she wants to do and go easy. I'm all excited about this, but the last thing I want to do is pressure her and make this something she "has" to do.
Thanks again for all your help -

Andrea will be there to help her if she wants it. There should be zero unnecessary pressure. Everyone learns from someone else in order to pick up pointers in order to grow. Kids will fight the notion no matter what it is if they feel that they have to do something purely out of principle. We would love to have her there.

Sweet! I can just come out sunday.

I have to go out of town for work friday and saturday, so I thought I'd miss IDPA or whatever on saturday.

This is good, I'm getting about desperate to get out to a range again.

So they'll replace springs? Lol, man I just ordered a new recoil spring for my G19.

Edited by miller_man

Sweet! I can just come out sunday.

I have to go out of town for work friday and saturday, so I thought I'd miss IDPA or whatever on saturday.

This is good, I'm getting about desperate to get out to a range again.

So they'll replace springs? Lol, man I just ordered a new recoil spring for my G19.

We shoot almost every Saturday and Sunday of the month. No excuse to miss a match. There are a lot of clubs that shoot on the weeekend. There is some sort of match every Saturday or Sunday.

Andrea will be there to help her if she wants it. There should be zero unnecessary pressure. Everyone learns from someone else in order to pick up pointers in order to grow. Kids will fight the notion no matter what it is if they feel that they have to do something purely out of principle. We would love to have her there.

I've talked to my daughter and she would like to shoot with/get help from Andrea if she's willing.  Any idea when she'll be there, or could you send her my contact info so we can coordinate?  My email is mstennett AT twlakes DOT net.  Thanks again for all your help with this - 

I've talked to my daughter and she would like to shoot with/get help from Andrea if she's willing. Any idea when she'll be there, or could you send her my contact info so we can coordinate? My email is mstennett AT twlakes DOT net. Thanks again for all your help with this -

Sunday morning Andrea will be there. She has an awards banquet on Friday night and will be traveling from GA Saturday. I will contact Andrea tonight. Edited by HOGNUT