Happy Mothers Day (2014)

Happy Mothers Day!

For me, its 1 of 2 days in a year that is tough for me.  My mother has been gone now for 12 years.  Though I hated to go to the card section at Walmart on Saturday night when she was alive, what I wouldn't give to do that again!  God surely gave me a great gift, for providing me a strong loving mother.  Where would I be without her!  Happy Mothers Day Mom!  BTW since this is a gun forum, she and I took our concealed carry test together in the first wave of Tennessee Concealed Carry permit, and she beat me in the actual shooting hands down.  She could shoot! 

b9e1d7cd-07fc-4057-8cd1-2a0822114179_zps

• Like 6

This is the second year without my Mom here to celebrate with.

My Mom passed away last year on May 6th...however, my siblings and I were so busy with the funeral and family that "Mother's Day" that year didn't really register; this year I feel it.

Here is something that helped me today that was posted by a friend of mine on FB...

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street. She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life itself.

She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well. She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow; she is Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space... not even death.

• Like 2

This is the second year without my Mom here to celebrate with.

My Mom passed away last year on May 6th...however, my siblings and I were so busy with the funeral and family that "Mother's Day" that year didn't really register; this year I feel it.

Here is something that helped me today that was posted by a friend of mine on FB...

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street. She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life itself.
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well. She's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow; she is Christmas morning.
Your Mother lives inside your laughter. She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space... not even death.

WHY did you have to do that? I was fine most of the day.

My mother left us in January 2012. Every day I regret every cross word I ever said to her and every time I rolled my eyes when she called my cell phone. Every Christmas when she would put old pictures of my brother and I on the tree and I was embarrassed. Or ANY time I was ever annoyed or embarrassed by her, I realize I was being a punk.

It took losing her and having a child of my own to realize that she really did have unconditional love for us.
  • Like 2